Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

opinions on this price for implant

• 23-10-2006 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭

Hi all,

I was wondering whether €4400 is an OK price for an implant for a front tooth.

The price is made up as follows-
    €1800 for titanium screw and €2600 for the tooth that goes on it

I am trying to decide whether to take up this offer from a Dublin-based dentist.

I would appreciate it if any dentists who visit this forum could give their opinion,

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

That sounds about right. It depends on wheather you need grafting for bone or gum tissue. Also some of the components for the implant crown which have to be made custom for angulation correction or high aesthetics can be more expensive. Remember this is not a washing machine you are buying its a medical device that is inserted into your jaw bone and could be there for your entire life. Make sure its the best quality and done by somebody who has the proper qualifications and experiance. Implants while initially expensive...over you lifetime will save you time and money getting the more conventional dentistry replaced.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Thanks very much for the reply,

I will need grafting but that's not included in that price quote...

Advertisement