Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro

Options
  • 23-10-2006 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭

I couldn't find this on their site, so I'm asking here. Is digiweb metro wireless or DSL? Or is it something completely different?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

It is a "wireless" service.
    You also get a "phone" with phone number over this wireless service.
    Its pretty good, have been using the 35 euro package for the past few months now with no problems.
    Kippy

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Thanks, exactly what I wanted to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

I wouldn't recommend them myself. I was a customer for almost a year, and I had endless problems with billing and service. At one point I was billed for €500 of VoIP calls, after several months of having been emailing them and calling on my mobile to tell them that the VoIP had never worked at all, and trying to get them to fix it. They had regular service outages, usually during office hours when I was trying to use the service to work from home, and finally I had my bandwidth cut to a drizzle for exceeding the bandwidth allocation, which I wouldn't have minded if at least I had warning, to adjust my traffic. I left them after this and went to NTL on cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Well the broadband I have where I am now is awful, and despite those issues metro would still be a huge improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Metro is a euro-DOCSIS service, think of metro as wireless cable as it does use co-ax from the CPE to your modem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOCSIS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Does any one have experience of gaming with the metro service?

After the most frustrating battle with Eircon ever I have no option but to go wireless. NTL have yet to offer broadband where I live (D16)

I'm niow looking to get broadband for some browsing and gaming with a 360.
    Obviously as Digiweb is wireless there'd be some packet loss but is it bearable for gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Have it here on the 360 and no problems using Live on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

kensutz wrote:
    Have it here on the 360 and no problems using Live on it

That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

Are you on the 3MB package?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Yeah that's it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

The Sony PS2 works fine put with Static IP in my NAt/Router/WiFi DMZ setting, so no ports etc need setup. Metro in Limerick.

Several PC online games and Skype at same time all works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Use the 3 Meg package with metro. No problems with XBL at all
    Kippy

Advertisement