Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Foreign Drivers with lefthanded steering wheels our they Insured???????

Options
  • 23-10-2006 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

I was walking around Balbriggan and noticed a few cars driving aroung,say Eastern Europeans and I cant see a dislay of tax,nct or Insurance displayed on there windscreen.Is this illegal and are the Insured plus it looks like to me these people dont give a rats for Irish law and drive these cars from there homelands to our shores.Does anybody know if there takin the piss or they know what they are at or do the Garda not give a monkeys.
    cheers kavo in Balbriggan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just for your information ...not every european country has a system where you have to cut out little bits of paper and stick them to your windscreen to prove that you have insurance and/or tax.

Plus you will also find, that your so called "righthanded steering wheels" are actually situated on the LEFT of the car.

Come back to rant racially when you get your facts right :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭ciarann

yes sound,
    I am not been racial and was only wondering if they where bold boys o yes there on the left did I not change that I for whereI sit in me car
    good man

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Here we go again.....

Weeeeeeeeee

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Doolittle51

ciarann wrote:
    I am not been racial and was only wondering if they where bold boys o yes there on the left did I not change that I for whereI sit in me car

That makes no sense to me at all.
    Anyone else get it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

ciarann wrote:
    I was walking around Balbriggan and noticed a few cars driving aroung,say Eastern Europeans and I cant see a dislay of tax,nct or Insurance displayed on there windscreen.Is this illegal and are the Insured plus it looks like to me these people dont give a rats for Irish law and drive these cars from there homelands to our shores.Does anybody know if there takin the piss or they know what they are at or do the Garda not give a monkeys.

Why don't you call the Gardai and get more info on it?

Here you just going to get slapped because it sounds stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

That makes no sense to me at all.
    Anyone else get it?

Nope - I can't make head nor tail of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭qazz

I think Ciarann is a little racist :D For Example in Poland there's no tax or insurance discs. You hold your log-book (it's much smaller than Irish) and your insurance in your wallet. always on you when using a car. There's no road tax. It's included in fuel price.
    Officially if they're working here in Ireland a car should be registered here within 24 hours. they can drive up to 3 months abroad, as tourists.
    But some of them are here for short time to get some money for school, etc. An average salary in Poland is 150-300 euro (of course it's paid in polish currency) and for example petrol is in the same price as here :eek: electronics, electric tools and many other products - same price.
    And to get a good car (1995-2000) you have to work and save, work and save. It's not like here - you want, you have! so some of them want their car here...
    That's it. I know that it's not ok to Ireland but what can we do? I had my polish car with me as well. I took it back to Poland and I have two Irish ones. Taxed and insured of course :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

ciarann wrote:
    1. Have the Irish never broken the law here? I believe thay have - in fact about 6% of motorists in Ireland are uninsured and I presume more are untaxed!
    2. Is a left handed steering wheel a different shape from a right handed one?
    3. You are a racist - I don't want to have to read more of these types of thread in here. May your 1 week ban be a lesson to others!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement