Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reloading, what's the current low down?

Options
  • 23-10-2006 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    After watching a DVD which featured reloading, I was just wondering what is it's current state. I know there were rumblings about it being brought in but over the summer I've fallen way behind with all this due to various things. Not looking for a huge in-depth answer or anything, basically has it been allowed or is there any date set for legalisation?
    Cheers,
    John

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

It's in the remainder of the legislation that has yet to be enacted, along with training licences, the three year licence, etc.
    The talk is of 'in the New Year' and before the current licences expire (31st July).

For whatever that's worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Cheers Rovi, exactly the type of reply I was looking for :)
    Thanks a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

The latest from the DoJ on this isn't particularly helpful I'm afraid :(
    I am directed by the Tánaiste & Minister for Justice, Equality and Law
    Reform to refer to your email of the 16th October 2006 regarding the
    Criminal Justice Act 2006.
    1. There is no specific date as yet to when the sections as detailed in your email will be commenced.
    2. This Department will not be issuing you with a copy of the draft
    Restricted Firearms & Ammunition S.I but your organisation is invited to
    meet officials in the Department to outline any views you may have on this
    proposed statutory instrument.
    3. A restatement of the Firearms Acts would obviously be of benefit to all
    concerned. Thus this office is currently looking at this issue.
    Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely

So we're down to best guesses and so forth as to when the reloading section comes in, and no guesses of any merit at all as to who certifys people as competent to reload, what safety regs will be applied, and so forth.

Advertisement