Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow Dsl BT Broadband

Options
  • 23-10-2006 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Please Help!

I have a 2mb connection with bt I just downgraded from the 3mb and just moved house. I am getting very very slow speeds around 40-60 kps when downloading a file from www.btyahoo.co.uk/speedtest. They have checked my line and intially said they saw a fault, they got back to me 2 weeks later and said that all should be fine now and it wasn't. I did a tracert and ping test and mailed it to them again they saw a problem and was escalating it still no luck said all was fine but still slow speeds. They then sent me a new modem plugged it in an great all was fine again until I check later the next day and it was back to the same again. I formated and reinstalled windows out of desperation and speeds got better again for a hour or so and then band back slower as ever. They say i need a technican to check my line but I tihnk thats juts bull. What should I do any advice Bt are driving me mad, should I just carry on or should I get a technican out or should I cancel and go with somebody else.

Please help!!!!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

They say i need a technican to check my line but I tihnk thats juts bull.
    Why would they tell you you need a tech if you don't? What's in it for them?
    What should I do any advice Bt are driving me mad, should I just carry on or should I get a technican out or should I cancel and go with somebody else.
    If the problem is with your wiring, then going with somebody else isn't going to solve any problems. And nothing that you've describes suggests that the problem is a BT problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Ok then who should I contact about getting my Internal wiring checked out, Do I ring ericom or do I have to get an electrican?

Advertisement