Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico nuisance calls

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

On RTE news this morning:

"Police in Glasgow have revealed that many call centres, there, have been infiltrated by criminal gangs.

Strathclyde Police estimate that one in ten call centres in Scotland's largest city are being used by organised crime to launder money by stealing customer information and identities.

Those who represent the call centre industry insist that security is their top priority and say they are working with police to improve the safety of their systems."

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

eth0_ wrote:
    I don't really have much sympathy for them, they know what sort of job they're signing up for, everyone knows people hate door-to-door salesmen and cold callers, it's pretty obvious you need to have VERY thick skin to stay in the job more than a week.

Has anyone here complained to Perlico? As someone already said, it sounds like connect4 is skewing the figures.
    I don't usually either, but it was a little different to be face to face with someone rather than on the phone for the 21st time in the same hour. Anyway now that I don't have a "proper" phone number anymore thanks to VOIP my cold calls have all but stopped. Now all I have to do is set up an electric shock device to the door bell to stop that form of cold calling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eth0_ wrote:
    On RTE news this morning:
    "Police in Glasgow have revealed that many call centres, there, have been infiltrated by criminal gangs.
    BBC Report

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgow_and_west/6089736.stm
    One in 10 of Glasgow's call centres has been infiltrated by criminal gangs, police believe. The scam works by planting staff inside offices or by forcing current employees to provide sensitive customer details.
    and
    Dave Watson, their senior regional officer for Scotland, said that the biggest concern over security centred on out-sourcing companies which had high staff turnovers.
    Mr Watson told Newsnight Scotland: "I think the real issue here is there are opportunities for criminal gangs to infiltrate staff where you've got high turnover and employers are desperate to recruit anyone to fulfil a particular contract.
    "So what companies need to do is maximise their in-house operations and where they are using out-sourced providers they do that with the same standards that they require with their in-house operations."
    Det Ch Insp Robertson said call centre fraud was now a top priority.
    Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭fatboypee

Contact4 use a Predictive Dialler, Expect alot of the others do also. This piece of kit dials massive amounts of numbers using an algorythm that connects the Agent to the first call picked up etc etc... for every call that is picked up, upwards of 30+ poor souls will have had their land lines ringing but when gone to pick them up, been disconnected....

This is on the very verge of legal (the algorythm has to have certain thresholds) and is only used by compaines who really don't give a sh1t about their customers..

Think yerselves lucky, if you're in the UK you'd get masses more cold calls, mostly from Eastern Europe or Asia where ComReg & DataProtection mean absolutely nothing.

FBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

kizzyr wrote:
    I don't usually either, but it was a little different to be face to face with someone rather than on the phone for the 21st time in the same hour. Anyway now that I don't have a "proper" phone number anymore thanks to VOIP my cold calls have all but stopped. Now all I have to do is set up an electric shock device to the door bell to stop that form of cold calling.
    If I didn't have a landline and I received a call from Perlico (or any other phone company), then I would pretend to be interested, and then order the most expensive package available.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

looks like perlico are using the ****tiest of **** services, somebody should go leave visit their offices toilets before closing and leave a tap on

Sir Random wrote:
    If I didn't have a landline and I received a call from Perlico (or any other phone company), then I would pretend to be interested, and then order the most expensive package available.
    That would be funny. My sister (lives in UK and gets even more of these kind of calls than the lot of us put together:eek: ) was living in a rented house for a little while as she was waiting for her new one to be signed off etc etc and got a call from someone selling double glazing, new frames etc etc. Anyway it was the latest in many calls the same evening so she decided to play along, got prices, what kind of windowsn, colour of frames etc etc. All in all she kept the woman on the phone for about 40 minutes asking questions, then at the end she asked if it was a problem that she only had a 3 month rental contract on the house at this phone number? The woman hung up and she never heard from them again:D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

one lad i know used to just randomly ask suggestive questions on the phone to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Red Alert wrote:
    one lad i know used to just randomly ask suggestive questions on the phone to them.

That doesnt really work when the person is calling from some sh1thole in India and they have a script in front of them and if you deviate wildly from yes/no answers they have a sh1t for themselves :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

From Perlico's website.

Sales manager is a guy called Aidan Lacey.

At Perlico, we aim to provide you and your business with the highest level of customer care and standard of service, while delivering a comprehensive range of services in a professional and responsive manner.
    1. How to contact us with a complaint

To register a complaint, there are a number of different ways for you to contact us:
    By telephone

You can contact either your Account Manager or Perlico's Customer Care team directly on 1890 252 148 , 9am - 5.30pm (Mon - Fri) where you can speak to one of our Customer Care Executives and register your complaint.

The Customer Care Executive will provide his / her own name and provide you with your unique reference number and acknowledge your complaint on the phone. Our aim is to resolve your complaint to your complete satisfaction.

By letter

If you prefer to put the complaint in writing, you can send it to the following address:
    Perlico Customer Care Department,
    The Courtyard Building,
    Carmanhall Road,
    Sandyford Business Park,
    Dublin 18.
    By fax

If you wish to send us your letter of complaint by fax, you may fax us on 01 293 3501.
    By email

E-mail customercare@perlico.com. So that your complaint can be handled effectively, please ensure you specify the cause of your complaint and provide your Perlico account number (located at the top of your Perlico bill).
    2. What happens once we have received your complaint?

We will acknowledge all complaints or faults received within two working days. We will provide you with your unique reference number and inform you of the length of time we expect it to take to investigate and resolve the complaint.
    Resolution timeframes

It is our aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible and to your total satisfaction. Where possible we will resolve your complaint at first point of contact in a timely, professional and responsive manner.

When we receive your complaint we will categorise it into one of the following main categories: Billing, Service Feature, Service Degradation, Customer Care, and Miscellaneous.

We have set indicative timeframes for resolution of complaints for each of these categories:

Billing - within 5 working days of receiving the complaint.

Service Feature - meaning when your complaint relates to a feature of your Perlico service (i.e. call waiting) - within 5 working days of receiving the complaint.

Service Degradation - If your complaint falls under the category of Service Degradation we will respond immediately outlining the investigation procedure and the resolution timeframes envisaged. It is our aim to clear all faults within 2 working days and we will keep you updated on progress throughout the process.

Miscellaneous - within 10 working days of receiving the complaint.

If you are not happy with the Customer Care Executive or the way in which they handle your complaint, you can ask to have the matter escalated to a supervisor or manager in the appropriate area. The supervisor or manager will investigate your complaint personally and ensure the appropriate course of action is followed in relation to your complaint. He / she will review the issue and attempt to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

If, having contacted the manager / supervisor you feel that we have still not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, you can ask for the matter to be reviewed by the Head of Customer Care or Operations.

Once you are happy with the resolution of your complaint, the complaint will be marked as complete on Perlico's customer management systems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

mcaul wrote:
    From Perlico's website.

Sales manager is a guy called Aidan Lacey.

At Perlico, we aim to provide you and your business with the highest level of customer care and standard of service, while delivering a comprehensive range of services in a professional and responsive manner.
    1. How to contact us with a complaint

To register a complaint, there are a number of different ways for you to contact us:
    By telephone

You can contact either your Account Manager or Perlico's Customer Care team directly on 1890 252 148 , 9am - 5.30pm (Mon - Fri) where you can speak to one of our Customer Care Executives and register your complaint.

The Customer Care Executive will provide his / her own name and provide you with your unique reference number and acknowledge your complaint on the phone. Our aim is to resolve your complaint to your complete satisfaction.

By letter

If you prefer to put the complaint in writing, you can send it to the following address:
    Perlico Customer Care Department,
    The Courtyard Building,
    Carmanhall Road,
    Sandyford Business Park,
    Dublin 18.
    By fax

If you wish to send us your letter of complaint by fax, you may fax us on 01 293 3501.
    By email

E-mail customercare@perlico.com. So that your complaint can be handled effectively, please ensure you specify the cause of your complaint and provide your Perlico account number (located at the top of your Perlico bill).
    2. What happens once we have received your complaint?

We will acknowledge all complaints or faults received within two working days. We will provide you with your unique reference number and inform you of the length of time we expect it to take to investigate and resolve the complaint.
    Resolution timeframes

It is our aim to resolve all complaints as quickly as possible and to your total satisfaction. Where possible we will resolve your complaint at first point of contact in a timely, professional and responsive manner.

When we receive your complaint we will categorise it into one of the following main categories: Billing, Service Feature, Service Degradation, Customer Care, and Miscellaneous.

We have set indicative timeframes for resolution of complaints for each of these categories:

Billing - within 5 working days of receiving the complaint.

Service Feature - meaning when your complaint relates to a feature of your Perlico service (i.e. call waiting) - within 5 working days of receiving the complaint.

Service Degradation - If your complaint falls under the category of Service Degradation we will respond immediately outlining the investigation procedure and the resolution timeframes envisaged. It is our aim to clear all faults within 2 working days and we will keep you updated on progress throughout the process.

Miscellaneous - within 10 working days of receiving the complaint.

If you are not happy with the Customer Care Executive or the way in which they handle your complaint, you can ask to have the matter escalated to a supervisor or manager in the appropriate area. The supervisor or manager will investigate your complaint personally and ensure the appropriate course of action is followed in relation to your complaint. He / she will review the issue and attempt to reach a satisfactory conclusion.

If, having contacted the manager / supervisor you feel that we have still not dealt with your complaint satisfactorily, you can ask for the matter to be reviewed by the Head of Customer Care or Operations.

Once you are happy with the resolution of your complaint, the complaint will be marked as complete on Perlico's customer management systems.

You're making this up, aren't you?:D

He is.

Once you are a customer you will find out that their accounts/billing department do not take calls. The "complaints procedure" is there to keep the sheep in Comreg happy but it is meaningless in the extreme.

http://www.p45rant.com/boards/showthread.php?t=86413

and

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=299607

and Joe Duffy had a long and not very positive discussion with Perlico customers a few weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Sir Random wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm really annoyed now... :mad:

Still no reason to be abusive to the person at the end of the phone, it's not his or her fault that you somehow kept coming up on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

gillo wrote:
    Still no reason to be abusive to the person at the end of the phone, it's not his or her fault that you somehow kept coming up on their system.

Perhaps, but surely what's the point of repeat calling someone who has said no, and therefore wasting resources in chasing a non propsect?

Unless its a real mickey mouse system I would expect the call centres to log all calls+call reports and this data should be available to the sales person. If he/she decides to ignore this then they can expect grief for pestering someone. Not nice but neither is nagging calls at all hours.

If it were possible I wouldn't hesitate to press the green button to shock caller everytime I'd get a call from ragworm Call centres.

I pity people who work in those places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

If it were possible I wouldn't hesitate to press the green button to shock caller everytime I'd get a call from ragworm Call centres.

That'd be sweet! the best way to deal with those bastards is when they ask you how you are, reply with "oh I'm so glad you asked I've been feeling a bit blue lately, you see my wife ran off with the fella next door and my cocaine addiction is getting worse........"
    That oughtta shut them up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

it's not his or her fault that you somehow kept coming up on their system.
    Actually, according to the Data Protection Act, it is.

I registered my phone to exclude nuisance marketing calls a while back (something which, in my view, should be done by default with every new number), and in a way I'm slightly disappointed that I'll never again get a chance to tear the b****x of these annoying idiots or waste their time.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

There's companies out there that ring you using a predictive dialler and then you have to wait on your end of the line for someone to pick up on the other end of the line.

I can't remember what company it is but that's the rudest method of getting on contact with someone that I can think of.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Most phone calls you receive these days use that method, some just take longer to take the call than others.

I had someone tell me recently that because their system uses random dialling, the Data Protection Act doesn't apply. An outright lie.

I'm setting up an Asterisk PBX shortly to route hidden numbers to automated messages. I'm tempted to put them in a hold loop.

adam

why not route them to free phone 1 90 4 <cough> where they will forever roast in IVR hell :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

kizzyr wrote:
    A guy from Talk Talk was walking up the driveway this evening when I got home from work so I was was snared that way. The poor guy looked like he had been to hell and back, he said "look I'm here to ask you about saving money on your phone calls, if you're not interested please tell me outright, sign here and then I'll never have to call here again". I signed and he looked really relieved, as he was walking away he said " by the way thanks for not telling me to pi$$ / fcuk off it makes a change".
    He won't last long in sales :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

in fairness lads a "not interested" usually works, fair enough if the're ringin ye 6 or 7 times a night but if being a tool to someone who calls you makes you feel big and intelligent then more the power to ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Aoife-FM104

I worked in a job where one of their sales guys just would not stop hassling me.

His technique was, "What do I have to do to get your business?"

He just wouldn't give up.

I complained to their managing director, but he brushed me off, saying that he likes that sales guys technique.

Useless.

VinnyL wrote:
    in fairness lads a "not interested" usually works, fair enough if the're ringin ye 6 or 7 times a night but if being a tool to someone who calls you makes you feel big and intelligent then more the power to ye
    I don't think people are being rude or losing the head to make them feel big and intelligent more likely its the result of absolute frustration having received 10 phone calls within 2 hours of getting home from work and the people at the other end not hearing you say "not interested" the first time. There are only so many times you can say that in an evening before you are gunning for Perlico/Talk Talk / Sky/ please insert as appropiate:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

kizzyr wrote:
    I don't think people are being rude or losing the head to make them feel big and intelligent more likely its the result of absolute frustration having received 10 phone calls within 2 hours of getting home from work and the people at the other end not hearing you say "not interested" the first time. There are only so many times you can say that in an evening before you are gunning for Perlico/Talk Talk / Sky/ please insert as appropiate:)

i already said fair enough if your gettin 6 or 7 calls a night, but i'm talking about people in this thread coming up with fantastic plans to "get" the telemarketer if they call, just say not interested, works grand for me.

if you dont want telemarketers callin the just run your number through the NDD, it takes 4 weeks to fully update and you have a comeback if they call you. get the name of the businness that calls you, go to Comreg, and they get a 3000 fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Have ComedyReg ever actually fined anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

ComReg couldn't fined their own ass with both hands. Sorry, couldn't resist. But seriously, ComReg have never fined anyone about anything. Not a penny.

adam

Advertisement