Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Serie A Midweek Matches

• 23-10-2006 9:28pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Preview

Wednesday, October 25, 2006
    TIME HOME AWAY VENUE
    19:30 UK Atalanta v Cagliari Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
    19:30 UK Chievo Verona v AC Milan Bentegodi
    19:30 UK Empoli v Udinese Carlo Castellani
    19:30 UK Inter Milan v Livorno San Siro
    19:30 UK Palermo v Messina Renzo Barbera
    19:30 UK Reggina v Parma Stadio Granillo
    19:30 UK Roma v Ascoli Olimpico
    19:30 UK Sampdoria v Lazio Luigi Ferraris
    19:30 UK Siena v Catania Calcio Artemio Franchi
    19:30 UK Torino v Fiorentina

A big game with the Sicily derby.Home win.

Milan away from home with a well drilled defence. I draw I reckon.

Inter to bounce back. They usually do after not getting the result they want.

Roma should get 3 points.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Surely Milan to bounce back and do Chievo; they despeately need to...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Bateman wrote:
    Surely Milan to bounce back and do Chievo; they despeately need to...

If they dont bounce back I'd fear for them for the rest of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Well the midweek games certainly threw up their share of goals! As is accumstomed these days in Serie A there was plenty to cheer.

Atalanta - Cagliari 3-3
    Chievo - Milan 0-1
    Empoli - Udinese 1-1
    Inter - Livorno 4-1
    Palermo - Messina 2-1
    Reggina - Parma 3-2
    Roma - Ascoli 2-2
    Sampdoria -Lazio 2-0
    Siena - Catania 1-1
    Torino - Fiorentina 0-1

Certainly blows the out dated stereo type of its fully of nill all draws out of the water!

I watched the Inter game and to be honest I was expecting more from Livorno. A good solid start to the season that sees them only 1 point off a CL spot and they put in a show of some woeful defending. With Inter 2-0 up I was thinkign as everyone was, the 3rd is either game over or game on. Game on happened but only for 1 minute! As soon as they got a goal back they went another behind and gave up the ghost. With Roma, in a touch of a crisis now and ever so childishly preventing their players from talking to the media these days, slipping up and only managing a home draw to lowly Ascoli its put Inter in a nice position. Here is hoping Palermo with their excellent start to the season and a very very inform Mark Bresciano can keep up.

In the Milan game its great to see that at least one person hasn't forgotten how to score! A great strike from Jankalouski giving Milan a narrow 1-0 away win. Thats our big problem this year. In the post Sheva days goals are extremely hard to come by and to be honest I have to agree with an article in Octobers Calcio Italia. For those that read it, it discusses Milans stagnant squad and rather lack luster summer transfer activity. Its going to be a tough season for us.

Advertisement