Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken guitar, need fixed

Options
  • 23-10-2006 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Intonation is ****ed up, doesn't seem to be responding to any of the normal adjustments(though it almost does to Truss rod) could be a slightly warped neck due to the weird temperatures I get in my ****ty student flat.

Where should I bring it? It has to be somewhere between the railway station and UCC, preferably as close to the Railway station as possible. Do Crowley's do it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

There's Stephen Nixon on mcCurtain street, on the opposite side from the metropole hotel and near the coliseum end of the road. Look for a big archway and his workshop is in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

parasite wrote:
    There's Stephen Nixon on mcCurtain street, on the opposite side from the metropole hotel and near the coliseum end of the road. Look for a big archway and his workshop is in there

How much is he likely to the charge?

Do Crowley's and "The Guitar Shop" do repairs do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

His rates are very reasonable, drop in and get a quote. I'm not sure if crowley's etc do repairs, it probably depends on the size of the job :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

parasite wrote:
    His rates are very reasonable, drop in and get a quote. I'm not sure if crowley's etc do repairs, it probably depends on the size of the job :/

Will he be there on a sunday? I'm not exactly sure where McCurtin Street is either. Is it the one I'd walk from the Train station to get into town(via Vibes'n'scribes, that area).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Rozie wrote:
    Is it the one I'd walk from the Train station to get into town(via Vibes'n'scribes, that area).

yup, from the Coliseum to Bridge St (Vibes and Scribes is on Bridge St).

• Advertisement
Advertisement