Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus

• 23-10-2006 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

hi, does anyone know if theres a bus that goes from ardkeen to wit

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Nope. Have to get the 5C Bus Eireann from Ardkeen into the quay, or the Kenneally's into the quay, and then the 3C Bus Eireann from there out to WIT.

If yer a student ye can get a monthly bus pass for Bus Eireann buses for 39 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 keano10

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a timetable of the Kenneally's Dunmore Road bus service online. I have tried using Google, but not getting anything near it.

Thanks in advance :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

dsc00034el2.jpg
    Shot with K750i at 2007-07-16

dsc00035ng7.jpg
    Shot with K750i at 2007-07-16

there you go , sorry about size/quality :D .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I wouldn't follow that too much if I were you. One day I'll be waitng 30 seconds for a bus from clock tower to the hospital, another it'll be 30-40 minutes. The longest was 55 minutes i think

Yeah , Up till about a year ago that timetable was bang on . Now you never know when the bus's will turn up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Yeah , Up till about a year ago that timetable was bang on . Now you never know when the bus's will turn up.

Could be to do with traffic? Ardkeen area is always busy, harder for buses to get there in time..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sully wrote:
    Could be to do with traffic? Ardkeen area is always busy, harder for buses to get there in time..

Yeah, but Kenneally's don't vary their timetable to take account of this. Everyone knows that it takes about 15-20 minutes to get from De La Salle to Ballinakill between 4.30 and 6.30. The traffic is hardly an unusual event. They should build it into the timetable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

But the problem with that is the day that there is more than 20 minutes traffic, or no traffic when it only takes 10 minutes.

Personally though, I think the are taking too long a route to too short a schedule.

fricatus wrote:
    Yeah, but Kenneally's don't vary their timetable to take account of this. Everyone knows that it takes about 15-20 minutes to get from De La Salle to Ballinakill between 4.30 and 6.30. The traffic is hardly an unusual event. They should build it into the timetable.

They cant change the timetable accordingly though because the times are so varied every day.

Advertisement