Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Split providers ?

Options
  • 23-10-2006 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to keep your line rental and phone with eircon and have broadband with someone else ?

The reason I'm asking is that a friend of mine is looking for broadband, and with BT's offering eircon's intro package for €5 cheaper at €20 per month, plus my loathing to provide any clients to eircon after last month, BT looks like the best option.

IMHO, Smart would, of course, be the very best option if everything else were equal, but I don't think her parents would fancy changing phone number or, for that matter, change from eircon for line rental and calls.

So, is it possible to split the service like this ? Or should I bite the bullet and give the custom to eircon ?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

yep !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Cheers SB

How would one go about it ? Just ring BT and give them the number ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Frankly Digiweb are as good as anyone for DSL only and have a good clean online interface and precise understandable billing. BT beat everybody on bundles but not really BB on its own and their bills are gobble even if accurate.

Be very exact about name and address on eircom bill, typos and all , whoever you sign up with so have her bill to hand.

Advertisement