Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mixture of subjects

Options
  • 23-10-2006 11:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

anyone wanna predict what's comin up in leaving cert 1.honours maths for the theorems 2. What physics experiments for higher level 3. any ideas on the poetry question for higher english??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Poetry uestion: I think Plath and Yeats are V likely (fingers crossed for Plath), other than that, Montague is apparently likely because he's alive(!), Irish and never been on the course before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 milkyway

yeah dat's what i thought kavanagh mite come up as well

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Don't do higher level maths or physics, but there's always a woman and an irish person....Bishop last year, so that hopefully means Plath...Kavanagh I hope, I HATE Yeats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭R0C0

Its sort of an unwritten rule that there will always be an Irish Poet and/or a female poet on the English paper. Study your Irish and female poets very well and you'll be fine!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Dont worry, English is pish. I never learnt off a quote and got a B2, quite happy with my lack of revision (zero, except for about 2 hours when I got a panic attack the night before)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Kavanagh will come up because it's his anniversary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Kurtosis

I know, slightly off topic, but for any of the living poets, you might want to look at a good beginning and end you could use for them for a letter question. A letter is a common enough type of question and they're not going to make you write to a dead person (unless they're feeling particularly nasty :P).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Only Montague is alive, and we're not even doing him.

Advertisement