Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canterbury Tracksuit Bottoms

• 23-10-2006 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,903 ✭✭✭✭

Up until Friday I had only heard of the latest trend to hit southside Dublin but now I've seen it in the flesh.

You know those navy Canterbury rugby bottoms that all the D4 heads insist on wearing with the brown Dubes? Well it seems that the fashion has been taken to a whole new level by girls. The logo going up the side is stitched in white. However the 'cool' thing now is to colour this in with highlighters. Pink, yellow, orange, the lot.

I don't know about anybody else but if I used my expensive tracksuit bottoms for an extra art class when I was in school I would have been killed when I got home. More money than sense???

(In case anyone is unsure, here are the bottoms I mean....
    http://www.canterburyofnz.com/default.asp?catID=18&pdID=202&pdtID=&p=1 )

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Kids have been wrecking clothes for years, this is hardly anything new.

e.g. fading/tearing jeans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Sounds cool actually. Yay Cantos!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

Canterbury tracksuit bottoms are for lads generally, O'Neils are what the girls wear, very similiar but different brand identity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

I concur. My little sister loves her O'Neill's tracksuit bottoms. Apparently the trend is to role the waistband over once so the "O'Neill's" tag is on the outside (upside-down) - I had to tease her about it when I saw her do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

actually cantuburys are the 'new oneills' if you will

but that trend and the colouring in the stitching and all is actually old..theyve been doing it since past last year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭mcoolmcool

Yeah Ive seen girls wearing those under their school uniform skirts, around where I live.

Advertisement