Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dialup question.

Options
  • 23-10-2006 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Going into hospital soon and am told I will only have access to a dial-up connection.
    Anyone tell me a decent rate dialup option (number and info?) plz? :)

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Going into hospital soon and am told I will only have access to a dial-up connection.
    Anyone tell me a decent rate dialup option (number and info?) plz? :)
    I'm not sure that you'll be able to get a "bulk" dialup account (150 hours/month for a fixed price, for example, because they are usually tied to a particular phone line). I think you might be stuck with "pay as you go" dialup, such as eircom or BT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Perfect, thats exactly the page I was looking for :)

PAYG is the thing I need, but I dont see the "username" and "password" info there that Id need to fill in the dialup connection in windows?

B

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

On that BT site. Click the download button. It will download the specific information in an exe file. Run it and it will set up you dial-up connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Or just create a new dial-up networking connection in windows and specify 1890 923 204 as the number with username/password test/test. You may need to prefix the number with e.g. a 0 or a 9 to get an outside line.

Advertisement