Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barcode

Options
  • 24-10-2006 12:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Anyone go to Barcode, whats your thoughts on this venue? I was there 2 weeks back had a great time good looking crowd there too. Interested in others experiences.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

I love barcode too - the women are fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Being from Clontarf I despise the place nd so do many of my friends. So many gouriers who cramp up the place and often fights and general nastynness at closing. Also, too many pink t-shirts, fake diamond earings and industrial strengh false tan tan, and thats just the blokes!!

Most people who haven't been are generally quite impressed with it cause there aren't too many places like it but it gets very mundane after a few visits.

Also, they ride rough shot with the law. I though McDowell introduced legislation a couple of years back that meant you had to have the same prices for your drinks all night long, in an effort to cut out happy hours (Big Brother didn't like the idea of people bulk buying gargle in one hour so as to get pissed cheaply). On thur. and in the past Friday, they change the prices 3 times during the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

It's full of kids tbh.....notoriously underage venue !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

It was alright when it opened first as it was different from my local,but kids invaded and took over the place.Now myself and the lads were asked for ID and were 30+(took as a complement) while the underage girls with little or nothing on them walk in as if they owned the shop was a joke.

Then two pints and a blackout later they be cartered home by their new found boyfriends an hour later.I have even heard a concerned mother giving out to the bouncers one time for letting her 15 yr old in and was reporting it to the Guards etc etc.

So dont go near it anymore(night time) as its like attending a school disco but it aint bad on a Sunday afternoon when the price of a pint is cheap and the croud is a lot older.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i agree with snowbie, it was great when it opened first but has gone down hill lately, it is still full of lovely women wearing greyhound skirts but the food is terrible since they franchised it out, me and the missus had lunch there a while ago and it was muck. i still go the odd time but its nothing compared to what it was like a few years ago

gar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Hello Kitty

uhh and i was thinking of going there halloween night but know im having second thoughts....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Amazed at how many posts this place gets. My two cents: Crap beer, ful of kids and the most random bouncers I have ever seen ie will let in a couple of obvious underagers and then refuse someone else who is obvioulsy overage for not being a regular or not having ID etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Went there a while back, brilliant place. Huge, roomy, good music, arcade upstairs, good looking wimminz, etc.

I like it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Think we should change ''Dublin City'' To ''Barcode'' forum,

Women there have a g*e like a badly made kebab, crap drinks, rougher than a back end of a bus, and your going to end up in a fight.

One thing that is good is no cover charge which appels to teeny bopers.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

So overall, some good things about barcode, and some people dont like young good looking women hmm :D just kidding

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

abetarrush wrote:

There is quite a few barcode threads I count at least 25, I dont want to high jack anyone elses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭bongo85

Excellent venue! Pity about everything else though :( They should really bring in big name DJ's and bands etc, instead of having the same crap every night IMO.

Still though, if you get really really drunk in Barfcode it seems ok, but it'd never be my first choice for a night out.

Advertisement