Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog weight problems, help.

Options
  • 24-10-2006 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about my dog, adult Germn Shep. He is very skinny doesnt seem to put on weight at all even though he gets 2 large feeds per day. Recently I have started giving him very fatty foods to see if we could fatten him. Vet says he is a very health and v fit dog but Im not happy at times I can see his ribs. You think he was neglected. Could this be worms, need some help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Dogs often have a distented (sp) belly when they have worms. Some strains of GSD are simply slimmer than others. If organic causes are excluded and his coat is nice and shine, no diarrhoe etc then your dog is fine. I'd say. Don't feed him too much fatty foods as this will cause more harm then good.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

When you say adult how old is he? i had a shepherd that was as thin as a rake at two years and yet would happily eat all around him, he filled out to be a substantial animal when he got older though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

Reminds me of a joke.

Person 1. My dog wont eat meat.

Person 2. Why not?

Person 1. He's dead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Dont really get that joke but anyway the dog is 5 year old, eats rings around him and is v skinny.

Advertisement