Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 520 Headlights

Options
  • 24-10-2006 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

HI
    I have a 01 BMW 2001. I want to upgrade the headlights "As they are crap" Can someone point me in the right direction.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

You can look into Angel lights from FK Automotive, or probably Xenon but too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

FK Automotive headlights will more than likely be worse than what you already have.

You can fit a HID kit from the likes of CA-Automotive.co.uk or fit a pair of second hand Xenons.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

You could give Richie in AC Cars a shout - 453 1433 - he will sort you out with any styling accessory for a BMW

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

f1refox wrote:
    HI
    I have a 01 BMW 2001. I want to upgrade the headlights "As they are crap" Can someone point me in the right direction.
    Thanks

They shouldn't be "crap".

Is the reflective coating degraded? Have you got the right wattage bulbs? Are the lenses discoloured?

I know HID will be better, but a good set of halogen lamps are fine for 99.99% of people in 99.99% or circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

ya what do you mean by crap?

what kind of lights do you have at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭f1refox

They seem to be the old type lamp. As my friend has the same car same year. His lights look different the dipped lights have clear glass and mine don't. There is condensation on the inside off the clear cover on both off mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,056 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if the lighting is crap get good bulbs

philips clear vision + 50% are 30 euro for two h7 bulbs

5 min job to fit

Cheers will try them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Have your lights the orange indicator lens and standard lights, or has it the angel eyes (2 rings of lights in each headlight instead of parking lights on the outside)?

I upgraded from standards to Angel Eyes (NOT Xenon) and the difference is amazing. Cost about €570 for the 2 headlights from OTTO, and took about 30 minutes to fit myself.

EDIT: If the car has just gone through its NCT, then the lights will have been set VERY low in order to have passed (the NCT levels are dangerous to drive with, IMHO). Try adjusting the lights up a bit before going out spending good money. Your manual should tell you how.

Otherwise try asking how to on www.bavarian-board.co.uk or www.bmw-driver.net.

Cheers thanks for info. OTTO are ust around the corner from me. Will drop into them.

• Advertisement
Advertisement