Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow constituancy, who will win

Options
  • 24-10-2006 8:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

Like many constituancies the next election in wicklow will be the most open in years. I put it out to any wicklow ppl out there who do they think will be our 5 returned TD's?

my predictions are (in no particular order)

- Liz Mcmanus
    - Dick Roche
    - Billy Timmons
    - Nicky Kelly
    - Mildred Fox

Deirdre de Burca running a close 6th

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,067 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well It's hard to predict Labour and FF haven't chosen their 2nd (3rd?)candidates yet.

Nicky Kelly also has problems with his driving charges still hanging over him

I am going to predict

- Dick Roche
    - Billy Timmons
    - Liz Mcmanus
    - Nicky Kelly
    - 2nd FFer

Followed by Mildred Fox, then Deirdre DeBurca then John Brady of SF

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Ah, Dick Roche - god bless him. Minister with responsibility for the Enviornment. There to protect us all and warn us of the doom of Global warming and carbon emissions. And how does he lead by example ? Drives a Lexus hybrid. "Do as I say, not as I do".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

I wuite fancy Andrew Doyle's chances, he is very well liked. so I will say:

Dick Rocke
    Liz McManus
    Billy Timmins
    Nicky Kelly
    Fight over Andrew Doyle v 2nd FFer v de Burca v Fox

That seat is up for grabs, wouldn't put money on it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Macy

Kinda depends on what happens with Nicky Kelly's courtcase tbh. A second Labour seat only possible if he stands, which presumably means that he comes through his court case unscathed. Andrew Doyle is one of my councillors, so probably too close to tell on the wider county. However, he's a good worker in the area and seems a genuine fella. He could split Mildred Fox's vote in the rural North Wicklow area, however she's practically an independent FF candidate so if the FF farce continues, there's even talk of running 3 candidates, (one of whom stood as an independent councillor :rolleyes: ) she could still be in with a shout.

I wouldn't rule out De Burca either - Roche is obviously worried as he doesn't seem to miss an opportunity to put the boot into her at every chance. He's also copped out of any local Environment issues due to his role in Government. Big issues remain about dumping, particularly the inert top soil dumping from buildings in Dublin. He just washes his hands of it.

So top 3 would be Roche; McManus; Timmins. After that a very interesting fight.

Advertisement