Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia 6230 phone book problems

• 24-10-2006 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    A non techie looking for advice! Numbers/ names keep disappearing from my nokia 6230 phone book... just gone.. nowhere to be found. I put them in again and then some of them re-appear a few days later so i've got them in twice. It's weird! It doesn't seem to matter if they're on the sim card or phone memory.

One number went missing last week and I needed it urgently. i looked in the call registry and the persons name was still coming up in recieved calls even though his name and number had gone from the phone book.

Has anyone come across this before?

P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

When you save a number are they being saved directly to the SIM or phone storage?

Also, is the phonebook set to look on the SIM, the phone or both when trying to recall numbers?

Perhaps by turning on "Phone and SIM" in Memory use might solve the problem. You can get there by going to "settings" in the phonebook.

Hope it helps and that it's not actually a technical fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

When you save a number are they being saved directly to the SIM or phone storage?

Also, is the phonebook set to look on the SIM, the phone or both when trying to recall numbers?

Perhaps by turning on "Phone and SIM" in Memory use might solve the problem. You can get there by going to "settings" in the phonebook.

QUOTE]

Thanks telefunktastic

The memory is set to Phone and Sim. Most recent numbers are saved to phone while older ones are saved to the Sim. i've actually just checked and it looks like the ones that have disappeared (then re-appeared) were originally saved to SIM. And I've just actually spotted a number that's re-appeared that I couldn't find last weekend. Again it's saved to SIM.

This isn't a huge problem but it is annoying. it's happened with maybe 9- 10 numbers since I got the phone last April but 5 of those have been in the last fortnight.

What do you think? A SIM rather than phone problem?

Ta

P

I'd say a SIM issue, so the way to check would be to copy all your contacts from the SIM to the phone storage. If they all appear in the phone, then you have your answer: it's a SIM problem :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

thanks

I'll do that.

P

No problemo ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement