Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain name rights? i need you help!

Options
  • 24-10-2006 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭

Seeing as there is no webhosting forum this forum will have to do

Basically a website that belongs to a society that I run has not changed in the post year and is a nightmare to update. The guy that set it up and is hosting it is now based in Norway and I cant track him down so is there anyway to stop him hosting it and reclaim all the rights of the site-domain name ourely?

I had a new website designed which I would like to go live with but I want to keep the old domain name. Where are my rights here. Any suggestions as to what I should do?

Thanks
    Paul

oh and it www.tcdforesight.com. As you can see its fecking ancient!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Where are my rights here. Any suggestions as to what I should do?
    If the domain is registered to this guy personally, you have no rights here. You need to contact him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Gurgle wrote:
    If the domain is registered to this guy personally, you have no rights here. You need to contact him.
    As it does appear to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Basic rule of thumb...

Check that the domain is registered to you / your organisation and not to the web designer / developer / $randomperson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

Thanks for your help guys! I really appreciate that!

I will try to get in touch once again. its really frustrating though-he doesnt answer his emails:mad: :mad: :mad:

Advertisement