Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night 5-a-side

• 24-10-2006 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Lads
    If there's anyone interested in playing five a side on Thursday nights up on the Astro Turf pitches (8pm), can you please post here.
    We need a minimum of ten to get this off the ground, and a max of 14. The Monday night game's been a great success to date, but last Thursdays game was a bit of a wash out.
    If we get the names together here by Thursday afternoon, we can get this moving. Also, please bring 65 notes with you to stump up for 10 weeks in advance.
    Look forward to seeing you all on Thursday
    Owen

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

As per Birdwatcher's request, we're keeping this thread open & on it's own for the time being as the other one is pretty big.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭EMPM

Hi guys, i will definitely be there on Thursday, is it on pitch 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Hey guys,

I'll be up for a kickabout on Thursday too.

Ciarán.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

I'll play two once we can get at least 10 together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 EmmetD

I can't make tonight but if it's going to be a weekly thing, I'll be up for it.

hi guys

is football going ahead tonight, do we have the numbers. there is no point in just 4 or 5 people turning up.

Myself and Owen will be there so hopefully people will show up for it.

ill see you there

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note to say we are still looking for people to play on the Thursday Night at 8pm.

Contact birdwatcher or myself if you have any queries.

i'd play if we could get a few. played on one or two thursday when we had to mix in with others as we had so little. surely we could get even 4 - 5 aside

Is football going ahead tonight?

i will be there tonight. Hopefully a good number of people turn up.
    Anybody who missed the Monday night football due to the bank holiday
    may turn up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pasc

I'm planning on going to the football, if I can get back from work in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

Can't make it tonight unfortunately. Are we back on Monday as usual?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Mullie

Would it be ok if I turned up for a game? Is it pay-as-you-go?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Mullie,

See you up there tonight.
    Bring as much cash as you want...it'll be pay as you play for the forseeable future on Thursday nights until we can get settled numbers together.

Later:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Suder

Ah yea Thursday night is a winner for me, couldnt do Monday so I didnt check back in. Do we need any more players? I could defo get one, possibly more. What pitch is it on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Will try for Thursday, can we set a speed limit so I can keep up?

Thursday night football with us is on pitch No. 1 at 8pm. There are a couple of places left - Ask for Owen or Ciarán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Suder

Whats the craic for thursday, will i be surplus to requirements or do yis need any more? Would it be cheeky to ask how competitive it is in the hope that it is!
    Dermot

Dermot, come along tomorrow night at 8pm. There should be a space for you.

Anyone else interested PM birdwatcher or me.

Suder wrote:
    Whats the craic for thursday, will i be surplus to requirements or do yis need any more? Would it be cheeky to ask how competitive it is in the hope that it is!
    Dermot
    Suder,
    The standard is almost primership.....this is not mis-spelt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 knockoutpunch

New in town, will try pop down some eve and introduce myself. See if I can get a game.

Just wondering is there regular numbers for the thursday game now. i play on mondays and would play every second thursday or so if youse are short if i could just pay the fiver as i go.

Feel free to come up.
    We normally have 10/11 on a thursday night, so there'll be a spot there for you.

Owen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Did this go ahead last Thurs in the p!ssing rain and will it go ahead tonight if the same inclement conditions persist ?

Marcais wrote:
    Did this go ahead last Thurs in the p!ssing rain and will it go ahead tonight if the same inclement conditions persist ?

The weather is not an excuse for cancelling the Thursday night run out....eh! unless it's "extremely unpleasant". This would mean a repeat of the conditions experienced on 30th November. (That was the REALLY wet one). Otherwise you can all assume that the game will take place as usual.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,866 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

The weather is not an excuse for cancelling the Thursday night run out....eh! unless it's "extremely unpleasant". This would mean a repeat of the conditions experienced on 30th November. (That was the REALLY wet one). Otherwise you can all assume that the game will take place as usual.:)
    I was playing football down there that night....really didn't seem like it was a good idea. Oddly though, it was the most enjoyable game i have had down there! Had to hop into the shower when i got home to dry off......

Right Gents,
    For some of us, this'll be the last outing before gorging on Turkey and sprouts for the festive period.
    We were fairly short on numbers last week, so it'd be nice to see everyone turnout tonight for a final runaround.
    Hope to see you all there
    Owen

Lads, the first game for the new year is tonight at 8pm on Court No. 1.

If you haven't played before and would like a kickabout tonight please feel free to come along. Send me a PM if you would like a contact number.

Astro!