Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday Night 5-a-side

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Gents
    If you're interested in playing on Thursday nights at 8:00, please PM either myself or Ciaran (Astrofluff), or alternatively, post here. Similarly, if you've been playing up until now, we need to collect cash for the coming weeks this Thursday.
    We need to get this game up and running for the new year, or it'll fade into obscurity(....a bit like Liverpools annual title challenge!!)
    If we don't have the numbers this week, I'm afraid you'll all be consigned to spending Thursday nights wondering what might have been. Look forward to seeing you ALL there.

Please note that all returning players for the Monday night game will also need to tap the piggybank next week (22nd)
    O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Coolhand

How much is it. What was it last time 65, i think. Is it the same again.

Well thanks to the four bodies who showed up last night.....for the last time!

No cash = no more Thursday night footie.

Game over.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Sorry mate, missed last night and it was only close to the time I realised I wouldn't make it. Was talking to a bloke tonight while I was out trying to save the harbour! who with a couple of mates will be up for Thursdays. ps. I think I'm squared up for a while but let me know on Thursday...if it is still on.
    Well thanks to the four bodies who showed up last night.....for the last time!

No cash = no more Thursday night footie.

Game over.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Northern_Kev

Lads,

new to the area and stumbled across this post....I know that it looks like the footie is dead, but just wondered if it was still going and if it is, if there are any places free? cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Marcais

Lads,

new to the area and stumbled across this post....I know that it looks like the footie is dead, but just wondered if it was still going and if it is, if there are any places free? cheers.

Not sure Kev but it looks like RIP. Birdwatcher ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Northern_Kev

Marcais wrote:
    Not sure Kev but it looks like RIP. Birdwatcher ?

cheers for that....if there is anyone interested in starting up keep me posted please? ta...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Kev, there's a notice board up in the Reception at the Pitches. you can pop your name up there and if people are looking for guys they can give you a call. The Monday night slot at 8pm on our pitch is full so we wouldn't be able to accommodate you. There's a pretty good buzz going on up there and it's certainly friendly so you shouldn't have any problems getting a game every week.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 rosicky

Can I just show up on thursday with the cash to play. If so would be really interested in playing ordinary runners are acceptable for playing I presume

Marcais/Northern Kev

Sorry 'bout that Lads.
    The turnout for Thursday nights was pretty abysmal. Three of the last four games were non events - we only had five players. To be fair, the game never really got off the ground. I realise that there are some who are eager to play, but when there are just five players, it destroyed it for everyone else.

I don't know if it was the weather/time of year or pure laziness, but the overall feeling was that there was really no point in continuing.

There may be a chance to revisit the idea at some time in the future, but for the moment, I think it's a dead duck!

Happy new year!
    O.:o

• Advertisement
Advertisement