Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions on 3 or 4 rail fencing

Options
  • 24-10-2006 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Hi

Anyone know where you can get black plastic wire/mesh you know the type that you put on three or four rail fencing to keep fecking dogs and cats out of your garden and keep your little angels in it!? Getting four rail put up next week and want to paint it black to match in with black windows and features on house...fitter says you can only get it in green...anyone got black anywhere?

Also it is best to put the posts on the outside and the rails on the inside or vice versa...you see fences done both ways? What's the best?

Finally, anyone know where you can get black fencelife or cuprinol stuff that you can spray on. Can get one that you can brush on but would take forever but not black in spray on fence protector.

All your help, as always, very much appreciated.

Cheers.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Hi,

Murphys country store is near you. I think they have both products you need. (it is near mondello)

I prefer to have the posts on the inside and the rails on the outside, (with the mesh sandwiched between both).

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks prospect. Murphys is quite near us. Hadn't called to them yet.

When you say mesh sandwiched between both do you mean each length cut and fixed to each section between the posts?

Cheers,
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Well,

When I did mine, I put up the posts first, then measured the heights the rails would be at. I put up the mesh to the height of the middle rail, and then attached the rails, giving additional 'hold' to the mesh. I also prefer this look.

Advertisement