Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cost Survey Motor Insurance

Options
  • 24-10-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

This report was released yesterday by IFSRA, thought this one might be of interest given recent accidents with cars/mod cars, quote based on:

22 yr old Male, Co Clare, '99 Honda Civic VTI 1.6 modified, value €11k, 2 yr NCB,

COMP TPFT
    Quinn €1,300 €809
    FBD €4,521 €3,612
    Allianz No Quote
    AXA No Quote
    Eagle Star No Quote
    Hibernian No Quote
    RSA No Quote

There's other examples for diff ages, part of country etc... Massive diff in price there but also a very limited market. Would have been handy to see a Dublin quote with above info!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

quinn will always give you a quote,but its the ****test company.
    im paying 1100 fully comp, 23 yrs no claim bonus and also bloody 8 penalty points:mad:

this is with hibernian so its a good quote

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Did they load you any for the points? What car/engine?
    I'm paying about 1500 to Quinn at the moment for fully comp on a Hyundai coupe 1.6 with 2 years full licence and 1 year NCB in my own name. Putting my details into their site today I get quoted about 800 quid for fully comp next year, which is nice :) Hopefully the price won't have increased by February when my premium's due.
    Hibernian won't even quote me as I have my licence less than 3 years. Asshats. None of the bastards will give me any credit for my years of road experience earned on a bike either. The 5 year NCB I had on the bike is worthless now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

drdre wrote:
    quinn will always give you a quote,but its the ****test company.

I asked them yesterday, they don't insure Civic Type R (I don't know for what reason), but they insure Integra Type R :confused:

They normally won't insure anyone young (<25) on anything over 110bhp/1.6 litres. How old are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Stephen wrote:
    They normally won't insure anyone young (<25) on anything over 110bhp/1.6 litres. How old are you?
    I'm 22 and insured with Quinn on a 1.9TDI 130bhp for €1,200

• Advertisement

Bastards. They told me the above on the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Stephen wrote:
    Bastards. They told me the above on the phone!
    I was insured with them on a 1.4 and upgraded half way through the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Budd

Quinn have changed their policy in the last few months. THey'll insure me (23 male) on nearly anything barring serious sports cars. Eg. 2.8 litre Volvo with over 200BHP was coming in at e1700.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

I had to leave Quinn as they wouldnt even quote me on my new car !! And I was with them for the guts of 5 years, have a full Licence, aged 30 and with a full no claims bonus for all that time and no Points !

I bought a BMW 328i Convertible and that was where we parted ways !

Apparently there are only 2 companies in the whole of Ireland who would Quote me !

When It comes to Insurance this country Sucks !

Advertisement