Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chippings, Gravel, Crushed slate

Options
  • 24-10-2006 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Anyone know in Co Kildare/Carlow/Laois where you can get nice gravel, chippings or crushed slate. Been to B&Q and a few other places but only sell by the bag we will need a couple of tonnes. Any quarries or places you can recommend? Suggestions welcomed.;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭oilsheik

Manor Stone
    www.manorstone.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

There is a 'retired' quarry in Kilmeague, on the right as you come into the village from the prosperous side. The bring in the stuff in those huge canvass bags.

Also, there is an active quarry in Oldtown, on the backroad from Two Mile House to Athgarvan. These are a bit cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Thanks oilsheik!

Thanks a mill prospect. As you know that's not far from our neck of the woods. Do they both do "fancy" gravel/chippings? Any names of both quarries for me please so I can get phone numbers for them and give them a call?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Thanks oilsheik!

Thanks a mill prospect. As you know that's not far from our neck of the woods. Do they both do "fancy" gravel/chippings? Any names of both quarries for me please so I can get phone numbers for them and give them a call?

I know that the one ion Kilmeague has shale and that type of stuff. I'll get the name this evening.

I only ever got sand and gravel in the one in oldtown. I don't have a name, it is a very casual kind of place, no phone or anything. I can pm you directions later if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Builderwoman!

Brillian Prospect. The one in Kilmeague sounds interesting.

But pm me with directions to other one too please.

• Advertisement
Advertisement