Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Grand Prix

• 24-10-2006 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

So what do people think of the new format? It's a bit strange having so many relative unknowns in the televised stage of a tournament. I'd say most of the top 16 wouldn't like the format as the best of 5 is too short. A bad start to the tournament and you're really up against it but I suppose a bad start to the best of 9 and that's also the case.

Anyway, Doherty beat Swail 3-0 last night to make the last 16. He's in great form and got about 230 points before Swail pot his first ball (he also didn't miss a pot in that time and finished the match with 98% success rate). Robertson topped the group on head to head after already beating Ken.

O'Sullivan won his 5 matches to guarantee top spot. It's between Holt and Cope for 2nd.
    Higgins is through aswell with McManus having to beat him in their final game otherwise Kachaiwong goes through.
    Ryan Day looks certain to go through after winning his 3 games so far all 3-0.
    Matthew Stevens has also won 3 from 3.

Groups and results:
    http://www.globalsnookercentre.co.uk/files/Results/res06-7/06-Grand%20Prix.htm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭charlie@w.d

yea the games are alot more intense which leads to mistakes and alot more exciting snooker, was just watching the jones v murphy match and it was 2 frames all it was a great match and until they had to cut it off to go to the weakest link, i dont have interactive, anyone no how to get it without interactive i tried the bbc website but it says only available to uk residents only.
    god damn that weakest link!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Final group standings:
    http://www.worldsnooker.com/tournament_news(id18181)-55.htm

And Last 16 matches (winner on left, 2nd place on right):

Alan McManus v Mark Selby
    Ryan Day v Ian McCulloch
    Ronnie O'Sullivan v David Gray
    Neil Robertson v Andrew Norman
    Matthew Stevens v John Higgins
    Stephen Lee v Mark King
    Robert Milkins v Jamie Cope
    Joe Perry v Ken Doherty

Top 16 players in Bold.

Does anyone know why Fergal O'Brien finished 3rd and Selby 2nd? Head to head results was used to split Higgins and McManus aswell as Doherty and Robertson. Why not O'Brien and Selby? O'Brien beat him 3-0 tonight.

Advertisement