Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Taxi Window Stickers.

Options
  • 24-10-2006 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

What are they?

I've yet to see one displayed that's in Engish, funny enough...They all seem to be as gaelige. I could make out "text complaint to %xxxx".

Perhaps that's why all the lads are so interested in the cupla focail all of a sudden?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭Archeron

I saw one of those yesterday, also as gaeilge while sitting in traffic. I was sitting there reading it when I noticed the driver staring me out of it with that kind of angry chicken head moving manouvre that says "what are you bleedin looking at?" while making a weird angry face at me. Not my fault you've got a big bright yellow sticker on your car dude, people will tend to look at it. whether you like it or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think they are a good idea to inform people of their rights etc, however I think having them on the rear passenger side is dangerous as it will restrict the view for the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

From what I can gather, they are in Irish on one side of the car and English on the other side of the car, same on the outside of the car, English on one side and Irish on the other. (They are double sided and have different languages on each side)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yep they are in both languages,
    English inside and Irish outside

Well that's was how it was in a taxi I got the other day.
    And there is a braille part on the inside which cuts the rubber seals on the windows.

And a set costs €25 !!

Mik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

So you don't kno what it says til you're already in the cab???

:eek:

Here's another thing. I've seen Taxi men smoking in their cabs in between fares. Surely they can't do this? The public have to use it.
    I would refuse to get into a taxi that stank of smoke. I'd sooner it stank of wee, TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I refused to get into a taxi at the rank on the quays in dublin a while back because of the smell of smoke in it and it was covered in ash, yer man told me to go fcuk myself and drove off with no fare

A PSV is considered to be a place of work by virtue of Tobacco Smoking (Prohibition) Regulations 2003 (S.I. No. 481/2003), and it is therefore forbidden to smoke in such a place of work by virtue of the Public Health (Tobacco) Act, 2002 (Section 47) Regulations 2003.

I'll be reporting the bast*rds from now on.

http://www.taxi.ie/no-smoking-taxi-drivers-ireland.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

I think all taxis should have a sticker in their back window "Wanker on board"

They are a disease. They are the one class of road user from whom you can generally expect no :

courtesy
    quarter
    decency
    indicators
    manners
    consideration

There exists the odd one as the exception to prove the rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

OMcGovern wrote:
    I think all taxis should have a sticker in their back window "Wanker on board"
    Passenger? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

mik_da_man wrote:
    Yep they are in both languages,
    English inside and Irish outside
    the irish speakers among us are fast runners :D
    overdriver wrote:
    So you don't kno what it says til you're already in the cab???
    sure didn't we all spend 13 years learning our cupla focail? :)

what it says is fairly standard. it lists the prices and your rights and responsibilities. rights being the right to complain and to a receipt etc and responsibilities being not wrecking the taxi

Advertisement