Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much for parts?

Options
  • 24-10-2006 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

I dont know if there is a post like this already but may aswell start one. I have an Alfa Romeo so need to get parts every now and again. Just wondering what you should pay for different parts. I need new tyres and a new battery at the moment.So ill start off by asking how much i should pay for those. I dont know much about cars and dont want to get conned. Post any bargains you have found for any parts or just how much people should spend on various parts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

To start with for cars like everything else there is the el cheapo option and the more costly option which will usually work out cheaper in the long run. You have to ask yourself how long you intend to keep the car and whether it's worth shelling out for the best parts. You could pick up a set of new Serbian remoulds for about 30 or 40 per tyre, getting a proper branded set which will last longer will normally cost you roughly €80 to €150's per tyre, in my opinion it's far better going the extra for tyres as they are all that's between you and the road. For the battery this can be anything from about 50 upto 150 or so, now this is not as important as tyres but again if it's a long life and less hassle you want it's worth spending the extra for a brand name. I would say for good tyres and a good battery €450 all in, for the el cheapo option about €250 or so.

Advertisement