Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Update] A Song of Ice and Fire, George R R Martin

Options
  • 24-10-2006 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Completion date for A Dance With Dragons is now mooted for the end of the year.

Here's the latest update from George R. R. Martin's website
    No, sorry, it's not done yet.

There's good news and bad news on A DANCE WITH DRAGONS.

The bad news is that I have not gotten nearly as much work done these past few months as I had hoped to back in July. [deleted explanation of everything else he was doing]

All of which was great, but left me little or no time for writing. I know, there are lots of writers who write every day, no matter where they are or what they are doing. Alas, I am not one of them. My efforts to write in hotel rooms and on airplanes have never produced much. I need to be here at my desk, on my own computer, with all my reference materials around me, and ideally I need to be left undisturbed for a good chunk of time if I'm to have any hope of getting real work done. That hasn't been easily accomplished of late.

The good news, however, is that my travels are over for the rest of the year. There are no more conventions, readings, or promotional tours on my schedule until 2007, so for the next six weeks it will be just me and my PC. I am still hoping to be able to complete A DANCE WITH DRAGONS by the end of the year... although that will depend in large part on how well and how quickly the writing goes from here.

Wish me luck. I'm headed back to Westeros.

Look for another update in early January.

—George R.R. Martin, October 20, 2006

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Heh, everyone was really jealous of me when I started reading the series just before A Feast For Crows came out, so I never had to wait for it like they did. Now I'm beginning to understand how they feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Heh. Having read the first three books, I've decided to hold off until the series is finished before returning.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I read up to Book 3 (just after its release). Think I'll hold out until Book 5 at least before getting back in. In the interim I discovered Erikson and he's far more dependable for knocking them out (and produces probably a better series) so alas ASoaF has suffered taking its time (for me anyhow).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

ixoy wrote:
    I read up to Book 3 (just after its release). Think I'll hold out until Book 5 at least before getting back in. In the interim I discovered Erikson and he's far more dependable for knocking them out (and produces probably a better series) so alas ASoaF has suffered taking its time (for me anyhow).

Did you finish the Prince of Nothing series? What did you make of it? :)

Advertisement