Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How Much??

Options
  • 24-10-2006 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

I’m a new driver and only got my car at the weekend.

How much is it to tax your car for the year?

If anyone could help me out that would be great. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

depends what size engine you have

http://www.eforecourt.com/php/cartax.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 jencar01

It’s a 1.1. I’m not insured yet either so hoping its not going to be too much as I don’t have the money at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Don't hope, don't worry, just check the link L5 posted for you!;)

To be honest I can’t work that out. How do I work it out? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭Jood

Its 70e for 3 months, 139e for 6 months and 251e for 12 months.

• Advertisement

Jood wrote:
    Its 70e for 3 months, 139e for 6 months and 251e for 12 months.

Great, Cheers.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

actually its probably
    64 for 3 mnths 125 for 6 months 227 for 12 months
    The prices quoted above are for cars from 1101cc to 1200cc
    his/hers is 1.1 litre which is usually either 1099cc or 1100cc

so i'd say its 227 for a year

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jencar01 wrote:
    It’s a 1.1. I’m not insured yet either so hoping its not going to be too much as I don’t have the money at the moment.

I would get the insurance sorted quickly. If you have the car already then it is not insured to be driven. Another thing to note is that if the car is stolen, damaged or set on fire while parked on your property without insurance you have no comeback.

The car was given as a present this weekend so was put in my name but as I need my boyfriend to be the named driver that’s held things up as we’ve to change it all around and put in his name.

Hopefully ill get it sorted out by the end of the week. I’m dying to get out there and drive it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Bazzy

jencar01 wrote:
    The car was given as a present this weekend so was put in my name but as I need my boyfriend to be the named driver that’s held things up as we’ve to change it all around and put in his name.

Hopefully ill get it sorted out by the end of the week. I’m dying to get out there and drive it.

You can insure a car thats registered to someone else no problem if you change the name on it it will add another owner and lower the value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement