Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adobe Indesign Training -Help needed

• 24-10-2006 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭

My friend needs to learn Adobe InDesign fast.

He starts a new job in two weeks, and has no formal training in it. He has used Quark, Illustrator and Photoshop, just not InDesign, and he needs it for this job.

He found a one-day course, but it was €700!

Is there anyone out there that would give their time and expertise.

Name your price!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

not sure about courses, but if he's used to quark and illustrator he could pick it up in a few days of use

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭zag

Yeah, I know, but he's panicking that he wont know enough in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭heggie

theres a guy over on creativeireland.com forums that does prepress training, maybe he can help? his username is command print i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

If he has enough knowledge of Illustrator he should have no problems with InDesign just pop into a bookshop and get a Dummies or equivalent manual for backup alternatively have a look at www.lynda.com thay have a huge range of online tutorials for a reasonable subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭sdssarah

Don't pay anyone to do a course...seriously....has he even looked at InDesign, all the features from Quark are there. Trust me! Seriously InDesign is like a mix between Illustrator and Quark, and if you know them, you know InDesign. He should just do a few sample pieces over the next two weeks, but I learnt it in a day working at a graphic design company, and after a week knew all the ins and outs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement