Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

:eek: <---- Is not legible communication and will only get you so far in life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Catsmokinpot

krazy_8s wrote:
    :eek: <---- Is not legible communication and will only get you so far in life.
    thanks for the input there bud :p

its the sequel to system shock 2, it looks shockingly - :eek: cool - :cool:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ive said it before and I will say it again - best trailer ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Haven't read anything on this yet..... looks good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

its the sequel to system shock 2
    No it's not, but it's roughly the same style of game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

well done trailer.

I can't remember such an effective first person perspective in a game before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'm pretty sure I've said this exact statement in a thread on this exact game before but;

I CANNOT wait for this game.

Steven wrote:
    No it's not, but it's roughly the same style of game.
    yeah maybe not sequel but made by the same crowd i should have said

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

"Spiritual Successor" I believe is the phrase. :)

I just hope it doesn't end up being a huge disappointment. I'm weary of getting over-excited about games only to be let down at release. Damn you Half-Life 2!:(

quad_red wrote:
    I can't remember such an effective first person perspective in a game before.
    indeed it looks quite good, F.E.A.R did a very good job with making you feel as if you were inside the the body in the game.
    humanji wrote:
    I just hope it doesn't end up being a huge disappointment. I'm weary of getting over-excited about games only to be let down at release. Damn you Half-Life 2!
    you didnt like halflife 2? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

abelard wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I've said this exact statement in a thread on this exact game before but;

Err.... ok.

Are you alleging copyright infringement or something? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

you didnt like halflife 2? :confused:

I got to play the *cough* beta *cough* HL2 and they changed a hell of a lot and took out some of the stuff they promised. Episode 1 perked up my liking of it, and from what I've seen of Ep. 2, I should get better.

But, I'm almost afraid of saying it in case I jinx it, Bioshock is going to blow it away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

looks oh i shat meself scary

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

That had to be prerendered, or at least scripted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Lord Oz wrote:

Yeah don't think it's completely real time, but still - hot damn!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Yeah don't think it's completely real time, but still - hot damn!
    More than likely real time but certainly not in game, just scripted.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

That is definitly, absolutely, 100% not in game footage.

For in game footage check out the developer walkthrough [the guy sounds like an axe murderer]. Its still very impressive visually, but its not a Pixar style movie.

The movie trailer doesnt really say anything about the game - look at the one for Hellgate London [fantastic trailer(s), game looks terrible though]. Only useful for generating buzz and maybe setting mood/atmosphere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,186 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I always thought it was quite easy to tell if a trailer is pre-rendered, mainly since the mouse movement, and everything else, is far too smooth. It was the same with alot of the early PS3 trailers (Killzone 2 for example).

As for Bioshock, watch the 14minute walkthrough for how the game actually looks. Its certainly a stunner, but not quite up to that videos graphics. I'm actually quite looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Sorry to BUMP!!!

Been listening to the 2 soundtracks for both Bioshock games, love them!
    Anyone on here look into anymore of this style of 30's 40's and 50's cool but dark music?

Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Please don't bump 5 year old threads.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement