Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which of these 2 cards?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The X1900XT will fair better in the long run with newer games as it is better at DX9 than the 7950GT. It also offers better image quality options over the 7950GT. However it has a noisy cooler and dual GPU functionality requires a master Crossfire card.

The 7950GT is a decent performer in current games, fan less and has better dual GPU upgrade potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Ah yes I didnt see the "Crossfire/Master card required" part. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Could have had to go through a long rma process. I'll get the 7950gt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Another option would be an X1900Xt 256mb.

Cheaper that the 2 you were looking at.

Offers pretty much the same performance of the 7950 GT in DX9 games and is only 10 -15 frames slower than a X1900XTX.

Tis the best bang for the buck by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Are you looking at the XFX for the warranty? If not, MSI make a similar card for €42 less, and it's still silent. If you don't care for silence, Komplett also have non-silent models for ~€305.
    That or as uberpixie said, a 256mb x1900xtx (€322).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Thanks. I went for the XFX 7950gt in the end. Partly XFX for the warranty. I heard they have a good rma process. I had a powercolor 9800pro which died after a few months and could never get it replaced because I was going in circles with the rma process for weeks. Safe to say I'll never buy another of their cards again. Also have an Radeon x850xt pe so went with an nvidia based card this time for a change

• Advertisement
Advertisement