Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Railway sleepers

Options
  • 24-10-2006 3:30pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I can't find if this has been asked before. But where can I get hold of some railway sleepers to build a small "wall" for a raised flower bed? (Dublin area)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

that place in Palmerstown has them. you know the one with to right eyes painted on the wall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

What kind of "that place"? A garden centre, builders yard, IE depot?
    :confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Lol, I know the place Maccattack means. As you head towards town on the N4 after the M50 junction there is a place on the left hand side that has the 'eyes' painted on the wall. Don't actually know what type of business it is, but I know those eyes all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mjbo

I was over in PH Ross on the Old Cabra Road (D7) last weekend (looking at their bathroom displays) and noticed that they had 6-8 railway sleepers out in their yard beside a small decking display. No idea of the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,408 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

delly wrote:
    Lol, I know the place Maccattack means. As you head towards town on the N4 after the M50 junction there is a place on the left hand side that has the 'eyes' painted on the wall. Don't actually know what type of business it is, but I know those eyes all right.

Vincent L. Byrnes

And its a garden centre, that also does builders supplies, and inside they have some electrial stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Mellor wrote:
    Vincent L. Byrnes

I thought they closed down in the summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

They did,their is a guy in Kilcock who has new ones,23 quid i think he said.take kilcock exit off N4, turn right for village, he's just after the bridge,does coal etc,cant miss him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭ThomasH

Hi Dyflin,

I bought some of the BuyandSell. Check their website as you will always find someone selling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭GreySquirrel

The Paintpot - Rathgar?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I'll let you know how I get on, thanks lads!

• Advertisement
Advertisement