Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone UK simlocked phones on Vodafone IE ?

• 24-10-2006 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Just wondering, would a UK simlocked phone work with an Irish Vodafone sim card?

I'm thinking of getting a new phone on ebay, and most of them are simlocked.. Dunno if anyone's tried to use an UK simlocked phone here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

nope. voda uk and voda ie are completely different networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Won't work, a good few of people I've known to buy phones from the UK are barred so be careful if you purchase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

There is a way around it as I have done it a few times, get the UK phone and just buy a UK ready to go sim pack. Call VF UK and ask them for the unlock code. They will do it for 20 pounds by way of a top up. 10 days later you will have your unlock code. Also maybe try to get an O2 phone and just change the settings. I got an N70 from a mate in the UK on O2 and it was not locked so im using it on VF IRL now and can use all the 3G services no probs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Alot of o2 bill-pay phones are not network locked. Consider that, because Voda UK are locked and are not the same as the irish network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

Dellas wrote:
    There is a way around it as I have done it a few times, get the UK phone and just buy a UK ready to go sim pack. Call VF UK and ask them for the unlock code. They will do it for 20 pounds by way of a top up. 10 days later you will have your unlock code. Also maybe try to get an O2 phone and just change the settings. I got an N70 from a mate in the UK on O2 and it was not locked so im using it on VF IRL now and can use all the 3G services no probs.

This sounds interesting. I had a look at other forums and it looks like the UK mobile operators are required by law to release the unlock codes, but only to the original owner :(

I saw posts by people who bought phones off ebay, got a sim card and rang the operator, they checked the IMEI number and said something to the effect - no, you're not the guy who purchased the phone, goodbye.

I figure I'll wait till I can get someone here to unlock one of the new Sony Ericsson phones. Poo...

• Advertisement
Advertisement