Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Selling 10 year old cars

Options
  • 24-10-2006 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭

hi guys,

I am selling a 1995 Nissan Primera, and due to its age, I expect under a grand for it. Its in excellent and a good price, but I dont want to spend much money advertisering the car. Does any one have any tips on selling the second old cars?

If I was to trade it in, I would probably get less off than a straight deal. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also I am based in Galway, so Dublin based advertizing may not help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You could start off by putting a "For Sale" sign on it, depending on where the car is kept/used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Buy and sell!

You will always shift cheap stuff on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭schlaps

Thats done. I also have it in the car buyers guide, www.cbg.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Stick it on boards' sister site, adverts.ie :) (free)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

photo ad in buy and sell (€15 iirc), photo ad in carzone.ie (€20 iirc) and free photo ad in adverts.ie. Ok it's €35 gone, but for a quick sale it's well worth it

I sold a '99 Fiesta within days (granted that's easier than a '95 Primera). Most enquiries came from carzone, some from buy and sell. It was sold through buy and sell...

A grand for a '95 Primera in decent running order is a bargain for a prospective buyer. You should have no problem selling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Buy and sell or local paper. Mate of mine sold a 93 mazda 626 recently for €500 and had loads of calls on it. Guy bought it to go to work on the building sites not wanting to mess up his other car. Be flexible on the price and you should have no bother shifting it

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Anan1 wrote:
    You could start off by putting a "For Sale" sign on it, depending on where the car is kept/used.
    be careful - you could have politicians accusing you of selling drugs! :D

Carzone seems like a good place to advertise. the ad stays up until the car is sold.

Thanks for all the ideas, and keep them coming if you think of any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭8~)

Buy and sell every time. Price it a little below comparable cars for a quick sale. There's no point holding on the car for months in the hope of getting 100 Euro more for it. However, be firm on the asking price - maybe allow a little off the price but tell the blaggers who offer 200 Euro for it where to go.

BTW I sold a tidyish, but needing tyres, 1.6, 94, NCTed, 100K Primera for IIRC 550 a few months ago. Actually think I let it go for slightly too little.

I put it in Carzone this morning and have already had a number of people interested, all through Carzone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I like CarZone because you can use pictures and nothing sells a car like a good photo of it.

What do you reckon an old taxi like a '97 passat with 220k on the clock is worth? Is it even worth anything? Its NCT'ed as a taxi.

Advertisement