Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O'Connors

• 24-10-2006 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭

What happened to O'Connors on Grafton Street? I was walking by the other day and I saw that Jack & Jones are opening up a store there now replacing O'Connors. Bit of a bummer really :( I liked the clothes in O'Connors (Diesel, G-Star, Carhartt etc.) and I am not a fan of Jack & Jones stuff at all (I was glad to see that Swarovski took over two of there city centre stores).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Raekwon wrote:
    What happened to O'Connors on Grafton Street? I was walking by the other day and I saw that Jack & Jones are opening up a store there now replacing O'Connors. Bit of a bummer really :( I liked the clothes in O'Connors (Diesel, G-Star, Carhartt etc.) and I am not a fan of Jack & Jones stuff at all (I was glad to see that Swarovski took over two of there city centre stores).

Diesel isn't exactly hard to come by and Urban Outfitters will look after you for G Star and Carhartt, you'll live. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Bateman wrote:
    Diesel isn't exactly hard to come by and Urban Outfitters will look after you for G Star and Carhartt, you'll live. :D

I'll live, but I'll be severally out of cash shopping anywhere else for the clothes that I like (btw, Urban Outfitters is a complete rip-off!!!). Besides O'Connor's had the best sales ever in summer and after Christmas, you could get Diesel Jeans that were suppose to be €150 for only €50 and loads of other bargains like that.

Ah well, R.I.P. O'Connor's Jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Are you sure? The shop is there and open and it's business as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 575 ✭✭✭JustCoz

I know, I loved O'Connors too, it's a crying shame

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There's still an O'Connors in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre anyway..

• Advertisement

Miss Fluff wrote:
    Are you sure? The shop is there and open and it's business as usual.

Yeah I'm 100% sure, I walk past it nearly everyday, it is a Wack & Jones store now :(
    eth0_ wrote:
    There's still an O'Connors in Dun Laoghaire shopping centre anyway..

The store in Dún Laoghaire is still called O'Connors (for now) but all it's stock is J&J. The other O'Connors in Stillorgan has been closed for nearly a year now but it will probably open up as a J&J soon enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

well i doubt the o connors in nutgrove shopping centre will be replaced by J&J because there is already one there so shop on my friend....shop on

well i doubt the o connors in nutgrove shopping centre will be replaced by J&J because there is already one there so shop on my friend....shop on

I get the impression that all O'Connors stores are being replaced by J&J. As for the one in Nutgrove...........it's probably only a matter of time before it also turns to the darkside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Raekwon wrote:
    I get the impression that all O'Connors stores are being replaced by J&J. As for the one in Nutgrove...........it's probably only a matter of time before it also turns to the darkside.
    I doubt it, I'd imagine nutgrove gets little business these days with Dundrum being only down the road, so I can't see them putting a second J&J store in it somehow...
    Never went into O'Connors much so won't miss it, but from what I can tell all the brands they stocked are available in other stores or have stores of their own i.e Carhartt in Tribe, GStar has its own store in the Dundrum Town Centre etc.

rb_ie wrote:
    I doubt it, I'd imagine nutgrove gets little business these days with Dundrum being only down the road, so I can't see them putting a second J&J store in it somehow...

I did a little research on this ;) Apparently O'Connors Jeans Ltd run all the J&J stores in Ireland and now all of their O'Connors stores are being rebranded Jack & Jones. This gives me the distinct impression that O'Connors in Nutgrove will be replaced by J&J then their old J&J store there will be leased out like their stores on Henry St & bottom of Grafton Street were (In this case, both to Swarovski).

rb_ie wrote:
    Never went into O'Connors much so won't miss it, but from what I can tell all the brands they stocked are available in other stores or have stores of their own i.e Carhartt in Tribe, GStar has its own store in the Dundrum Town Centre etc.

Like I said before, of course I can get G-Star from the likes of Dundrum SC, Roches on Henry Street and Radar in Stephens Green, but I am going to be forking out, for example, around €150 for a pair of jeans in those places. But O'Connors had the best sales ever twice a year and they sold G-Star, Diesel, Carhartt etc for ridiculously low prices! Last Christmas and during the summer I probably saved around €500 on clothes shopping in O'C's compared to other places.

Trust me, anyone who actually ever shopped there will miss it alot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Raekwon wrote:
    This gives me the distinct impression that O'Connors in Nutgrove will be replaced by J&J then their old J&J store there will be leased out like their stores on Henry St & bottom of Grafton Street were (In this case, both to Swarovski).

Ah, maybe so. Can't imagine too many companies wanting to rent space in Nutgrove Shopping Centre these days though,so they may be quite stuck!The place is an absolute kip...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

rb_ie wrote:
    Ah, maybe so. Can't imagine too many companies wanting to rent space in Nutgrove Shopping Centre these days though,so they may be quite stuck!The place is an absolute kip...

i beg to differ...its got free parking wwith over 70 great stores:D

Advertisement