Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

litter training rabbits?

Options
  • 24-10-2006 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

Hi, Can anyone tell me about how to go about litter training a new baby rabbit. I'm getting one at the weekend and trying to learn as much as I can first, Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Find the spot where they have chosen to pee, put a litter tray with a small brick to weigh it down so they can't move it about and put either newspaper or a safe litter (some people use wood based cat litter) in it and they should get the message.
    Avoid putting hay in it because they will end up eating it as well and might start peeing anywhere there is hay. Use something in the litter box like plain newspaper or a litter that you don't use anywhere else that way they can't mistake areas.

Might take a few goes to get used to it but they are usually fairly easy.

Advertisement