Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mobyvalu/Scatch'n'Win

Options
  • 24-10-2006 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭

Some sly auld dogs managed to subscribe my friend to this service, which takes 2euro directly from her account (every week I think).

She says that she was originally sent a service message or something, and doesn't remember exactly what she did.

She rang o2 as soon as they charged her, and they said they'd get her unsubscribed, but nothing about reimbursement.

Who is this company?
    Where can one complain?

Anyone experience this before, quick google doesn't get me anything...

Message says:
    MobyValu/Scratch'n'Win :-) UR in the draw for Eu250 moby credit- winner tbc next Tues! Congrats K.Doherty, Dublin15, last weeks winner! Pulse0818286768 Euro2/wk

I rang the Pulse number at the end there, so I'm guessing its them running the scam - no one to take the call,will try tomorrow. scummm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I also received a message from them the other day, the text of which is as follows..
    PROMO MSG:Scratch'n'Win mobile scratchcard is on its way ! Click link 2see what u've won! U'll unsubscribe to MobyClub@2.5euro/wk +OptCosts. Optout? Stop. SP:Pulse
    from 087 9580210.

Sure enough an application arrived in my service inbox a while later, which I of course didn't open. I wonder is your friend did actually open the application and that automatically subscribed her to it ?

The application is called "Mobile Scratchcard" and came from http://scratch-n-win.net/hWap/h.py?wid=2&m=my phone number

Does anyone know of any spaming sites that I can add their number to ?

And WTF is the retard text speak all about ? Am I supposed to think, how cul, wot is dis all abt ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

So it's saying click to see what you've won and you'll unsubscribe at 2.50 a week??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

It automatically subscribed itself to my phone because I never go near that rubbish but yet it's taking 2.50 from my credit each week and I don't know how to stop it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would press for reimbursement from O2 and the 'regulator'. You'll eventually get it but it might not be worth the hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭irishproduce

You will have to call Vodafone on 1907 and find out the contact details fo that 3rd party compnay as the messages are coming from a vodafone number.
    The service provider i.e O2 are not under any obligation to refund any of this. These are messages coming from a differnt company entirely.
    You can then get onto regtel on 1850 747 747 and they may help you recover the total taken from your credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

i ve got about three or more messages so far - first havent notice they r taking money from my account, i mean i was not sure, but when it happened second and third time, now im sure they r stealin 2.5 euro every time they send this ****. and im sure i wasnt subscribed to any of these. its written that the sender is 57500, whatever it is.
    i ll call vodafone tommorow, hope to get unsubscribed (?????) but this is really anoying
    and imagine if someone already took 10 or more euros from who0 knows how many people, this is higly criminal activity
    (o yes, im angry a little :D )

btw i ve just searched on net to see anything about theese jerks, but only found these writings here - so ive registered to say all this :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

I had these guys about 2 weeks ago, same thing, service message recieved, not sure if i clicked it to be honest, after i got a message with instructions to unsubscribe, which i did , only to recieve a text the following day saying i was entered into a draw for free phone credit...at 2.50 a pop !

as you can guess, i was not pleased ! the number they provide 0818???? ( not sure at the moment, im in work) for customer service has a recording on it, which is illegal, they must provide "live" customer service on business hours, so i delved a little deeper and got an 01 number for them, rang that, made my complaint and made sure to mention it was "unsolicited", also illegal, the girl i spoke with informed me i was still on there list, even though i texted stop to there number, she removed me and passed my complaint on to someone else who called me back about an hour later and apologised and said she would look into it, not too sure if i got the credit back or not, but leason learned.....DELETE THESE CRIMINAL MESSAGES AS SOON AS THEY ARE RECIEVED ( thats assuming you have not subscribed.....)

i will post the number in the morning when i get home, call them and tell them what they have done is illegal and demand a stop and refund !

ok, at the bottom you have the option to put in the 5 digit code and get the Service provider http://www.regtel.ie/unsubscribe.php#frm

www.regtel.ie , very informative.

hope this helps.

ok, well i called vodafone customer care service, and they told me i can text stop to 57500, or call this number 0818 270250 - which is some ms service (whatever this is)
    i caled them and they said they will call me back, the man on the phone sounded like he is apologizing but i mean, c'mon..

im wondering what they ll tell when they call back,
    hope they'll get my credit refunded.

for now, hope this number will help anyone who has this problem :)

chears

nobody called me back :(

nobody refunded my credit :(

hope they unsubscribed me at least :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,793 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

I would ring Vodafone again and tell Vodafone to sort it out.

It's untrue to say that this is nothing to do with Vodafone. Vodafone are the ones billing you, and Vodafone keep a big chunk of the money for themselves.

You should ring regtel as well, but I don't know if it will do any good.

• Advertisement

Lavinia wrote:
    nobody called me back :(

nobody refunded my credit :(

hope they unsubscribed me at least :confused:

^^^.... look up !!!.... did you read what i wrote 4 posts back ? :confused:

I would ring Vodafone again and tell Vodafone to sort it out.

It's untrue to say that this is nothing to do with Vodafone. Vodafone are the ones billing you, and Vodafone keep a big chunk of the money for themselves.

You should ring regtel as well, but I don't know if it will do any good.

Nothing to do with vodfone.

Advertisement