Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

removing paint from pipe using nitromors

Options
  • 24-10-2006 8:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭

I had a waste pipe with these speckles of paint on it. I scrubbed it with nitromors and it improved a bit but its still not off ( pic)

Is there something that will wash the nitromors off - as water doesnt really wash it off all too well?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

If it's the yellow tin then use white spirit...if it's the green tin, hot water.

Chances are that the nitormoors has damaged the surface of the wavin pipe.

If that was ordinary masonry paint overspray you were trying to get rid of, hot water and a pot scrub would have made a better job of it...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Looks to me like you have scoured the surface of the plastic waste pipe,tbh no matter what paint was on it it can be hard to remove from such a pipe.Give it a lick of black gloss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

Thanks for the info. I will give see if the white spirit washes it off. If that fails, I can follow mad_m's suggestion.

Advertisement