Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering project

Options
  • 24-10-2006 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

i just got my engineering project a table tennis serving machine anyone got any ways of making this you can only use a 9V battery and it has to hold atleast 10 balls and you need an electronic indicator to show when all the balls have been fired..................Just need a few ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

For the propulsion end of things::::

Balls are fed from hopper, into a channel just long enough to accomodate then.

Inthe channel, there are two wheels either side being spun by the 9V motor in opposide directions, such that when the ball reaches them, it will be propelled forward at speed (to do this, the wheels should probably be coated in ruber so as to accomodate the roundness of the ball and to fit it snugly.

The ball should be shot from the end of the channel which is aimed just right to make it bounce on the table, or whatever way you wish.

Hope i explained that OK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Ive seen that idea a times sean. It sounds concrete enough.

WHat about ordinary level, the tractor. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭microbiek

thanks sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Note that it does not actually say that te ball needs to be shot out.

It just has to be released periodically.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Can you put a switch which measures when there are no balls left. or some sort of photo sensor, this could light a LED via a transistor.

A table tennis ball iw white and would reflect light, where as no table tennis ball would not reflect any light.

Look at JA26D on Maplin, this combines the light source and reciever.

Full size sketch here.

http://www.radioandtelly.co.uk/shop/Photo_Reflector_SY-CR102_6354/Photo_Reflector_SY-CR102_6354.htm

This project might give you a good starting point.

http://www.jeffree.co.uk/Pages/speedmeasurement.html

Would agree with Sean regarding the spinning wheel to drive the balls out.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 james_abbeylad

amcan any1 help me on the basic design????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

amcan any1 help me on the basic design????
    Eh google

And you should be doing your homework yourself!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

em, I'm pretty sure the point of these is to do them yourself and not have other people give you the answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement