Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to set up SPF dns record

Options
  • 24-10-2006 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I hope someone can help me out here. My Company reroutes all its incoming email through to a third party who strips out spam and viruses etc.

Our Outgoing mail goes direct from our exchange server while the MX Records for our domain point all our mail to this company who then route it on to us.

I have an issue where one of the companies we are in regular communication with uses SPF (Sender Policy Framework) to weed out spam. Unfortunately I'm not too well up on all this stuff

they have been rejecting our emails and say the only way around it is to create and SPF dns record for our domain.

How do I go about this. Do I contact our ISP who looks after our domain to add the SPF record to out dns record or what?

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Yeah, the old "spam is such a problem that we're going to totally **** up e-mail until people give up on it altogether and go back to smail mail" approach.

SPF is a stupidly wrong-headed idea. It doesn't even work at preventing spam, all it does is screw up legitimate mail.

Advertisement