Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone here from the UK?

• 24-10-2006 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Well I was born and raised in Leeds, but I'm a quarter Irish (my surname's Devine, which is apparently very Irish). So who else here lives in the UK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Welcome I think you'll find a fair few people living in the UK on boards. I lived in London for quite some time not that long ago, born in Ireland but living in the US now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i live over here but from stockport originally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Strangly nearly all the UK residents on boards are Irish while nearly all the British here live in Ireland. Or thats how it seems to me.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

I lived in London for a year after college. Then the Green Card Fairy arrived and whisked me off to Philadelphia...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Living in London for last two years, from Dublin originally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

VCK wrote:
    Well I was born and raised in Leeds, but I'm a quarter Irish (my surname's Devine, which is apparently very Irish). So who else here lives in the UK?
    i was in liverpool bout 3 weeks ago now and met a scouser wit same surname as you. have to say never heard it before. who told you it was irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Jasus fifib its a poor day if an Irishman does'nt recognise an Irish name!

http://www.smo.uhi.ac.uk/~oduibhin/duibhin.htm

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

oops but honestly ive never heard it before. cheers for that link, ill pass it on to the scouser, he'll be happy with that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hey VCK, welcome! I'm Irish, from Dublin and moved to Cambridge two and a half years ago. Worked in London for a while but hated the commute so got a job closer to Cambridge :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Clonmel born and bred, living east central (zone 1) London for the past year and a half.

• Advertisement

BossArky wrote:
    Clonmel born and bred, living east central (zone 1) London for the past year and a half.

I used to work in EC2 :) Lovely area but man, you must be paying serious rent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Born in England, lived in Wales until age 11, moved to Ireland, Co Limerick, Co Roscommon and finally Co Sligo. Moved to Essex last year but I'm moving back to Co Sligo next year. Currently writing my resignation letter! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Were you living anywhere near Barking or Clayhall, genie? I used to live there for a while also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

No, Wivenhoe, just outside Colchester. Far too expensive property-wise and a bit of an OAP's paradise. Not as bad as Clacton on the OAP front, though! :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,547 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

r3nu4l wrote:
    I used to work in EC2 :) Lovely area but man, you must be paying serious rent!

Used to work with my landlord so kinda got a good deal. Its central and handy... but getting sick of the concrete jungle style of life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Hmmm, I wonder if it's time for a London beers to cheer things up a bit...

After you my dear ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 vawns

Living in Basingstoke / Reading area for the past 6 years - from Dublin origionally.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm living in Edinburgh. Winter has set in, so now it's very depressing here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 motormatic

i was born in chester, uk, in the north west to an irish father and canadian mother. spent most of my childhood in county mayo, then moved to canada as a teenager. so i'm technically english, i'm a citizen, but i've got no desire to live there again. my family is in ireland and i'd much rather move back to ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm, I wonder if it's time for a London beers to cheer things up a bit...

Yeah go for it, have it on the 17th or 18th I'm already coming over for an Arsenal match :)

Hmmmm, it'd have to be 17th...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Sounds like a plan :D

Count me in for 17th. Anyone else?

Aw dammit, me and Mrs. r3nu4l (a non-boardsie) already said yes to a house-warming in Cambridge on Friday...better not duck out of that one :(

Anyone wanna go to a house-warming in Cambridge on the 17th? :D

Advertisement