Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water causing bad skin irritation

Options
  • 24-10-2006 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a problem with the water in my house. It is just unbearable to shower in, and it's not hard or anything, in fact it's very soft. Had it tested and everything passes drinking regs... but the pH was measured pretty low at 6.7. I live in South Dublin, near Ballybrack, and therefore am on council mains water. Could there be a festation of grimy bacteria in the pipes or something? The house is only 30 years old though.
    Before I'm marked out as being pernickety or whatever, I will say that I have never, ever had a problem with water outside my home, be it abroad, or even in other parts of Dublin where I have lived. I never would have even given it a second thought before I moved here.
    If anyone has ever had this issue, or even someone who lives in the region and might know what the issue could be, please let me know. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Check the tank in your attic, make sure it not one of those corroding metal tanks. If so change it for a plastic tank. Also have a look into the tank and see if there is any scum/buildup in the tank. It might just need a good cleanout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭FrinkDink

its not a metal tank, its plastic, and i actually cleaned it using milton some months back. it was previously open top for some years before i put a cover on it this summer, and a lot of crap had gotten into it. The water felt much better for about a week after the clean, but then gradually became bad again. maybe i should have used a stronger cleaning agent?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭FrinkDink

Is it possible to perform a chlorinated cleaning of the pipes, as that could be part of the problem... ?

Advertisement