Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Pup

Options
  • 24-10-2006 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭

Here is a picture of Dutchess. She is about 2.5yrs old St Bernard.

Next time I'm at my parents house I must some pics of the rest of the dogs

Duke: St Bernard 1.5yrs
    Shaggy: Irish Wolf Hound 1.5yrs
    Sam: Terrier (I think) 3yrs
    Minnie: Shi Tzu 1yr

Camera phone pic, poor quality.

Edit:
    Just noticed there was a thread lower down with the same name... freaky.
    changed the title

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 EsmeWeatherwax

Aw hes gorgeous...Ive never actually seen a ST Bernard pup before, (apart from on Beethoven:p )

What are they like as pets? They look like theyd be quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

They are amazing dogs. Very quite and great with people. We have had St Bernards before. All have grown up with you kids around them. Never a problem.

Dutchess is my little pet. Loves having her ears scratched. If the rest of the dogs are out, she is the dominant one. Pushes them aside and makes sure she gets the treats first and gets her scratch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Lovely and cuddly :).

Mine all have short hair, no woolly thingy to bury your nose in...

Here is the rest of my puppies :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Very nice dogs. Just wondered when you get new dogs have you had any problems with the older dogs acepting them into the fold?

I might like to add to the fleet at some point in the future but would be worried how my existing dogs would take it. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

No problems at all.

Each new arrival was allowed to stay in the house for the first few weeks. Allowed out to mix with the other dogs for short times during the day. After that, they moved to the garage, more mixing time was given. We try not to give any of the dogs extra attention when around the other dogs.

Sam was first, followed by Dutchess a short while after. Both of them have a strong bond and are constantly playing around.
    Duke and Shaggy were got about the same time and are almost the same age. They are as thick as thieves and get on great together.
    Minnie and Sam are out and about the whole time and have access to the other dogs through the fence.

Dutchess has her own kennel and large run.
    Duke and Shaggy share a massive kennel and a large run.

All of the dogs get on great. Never any problems. we rarely allow all of the dogs out at the same time. My parents live in the country and not far away is a farmer with sheep. When all of the dogs are out at once they tend to wander through fields.

There is only ever one of the large dogs and the two small dogs out at one time unless one of us is around to watch them.

You would be surprised how many people will not set foot out of their car when the dogs are out :D

They will bark out people then don't know, but are the best dogs in the world. They have never bitten or snapped at anyone ever. My younger brother and sister would often have friends over and they all love the dogs.

Advertisement