Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox 2.0 Released

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Cool *watches for memory leaks* :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

yeah looks good, I like the spell checker, no more excuses for poor spelling in my posts!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Ruu wrote:
    Cool *watches for memory leaks* :)

Seems to be using considerably less memory than v1.5.0.7 here. I'm running more extensions than I was on the previous version as well and it is still coming in at using less than half the memory of its predecessor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I had it install up to last week, but I had to go back to 1.5 after had problems to install the plug-in to watch Fox on demad for prison break .

But even after install doesn't work for me.

Regards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Chevano Riley

do not like the [x] boxes being on the individual tabs at all. i keep flicking the mouse up to the corner, finding it empty (except for the redundant drop down list) and crying a little inside.

Ah i'm sure someone will put together an advanced tab extension like they did for older versions that allow you to revert to your favourite method.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

RC3 has been nice and stable for me so far, will give this one a lash later :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

do not like the [x] boxes being on the individual tabs at all.
    Open about:config and change the value of browser.tabs.closeButtons to 3. This will revert to the old default behavior, except the drop down is still there.

I quite like the new Tab management behaviors though. And the spell check (will add-on dictionaries) is a blessing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

You can undo closing a tab with some keyboard shortcut. Don't know what, I'm using Opera.

• Advertisement

just right click on the tab bar and pick "undo close tab"

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

haha I love this comment:
    You guys should send them a cake back — with the recipe!
    tman wrote:
    RC3 has been nice and stable for me so far, will give this one a lash later :)
    Firefox 2.0 is just RC3 renamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I had one crash of Firefox 2 that deleted all my bookmarks. I have them backed up so no problem. It seems faster then the old one though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

doesn't blow me away, but i've been beta testing since beta 1, all the way up to rc3... hard to impress me i guess. still though, feels better then ie7

Its a web browser, what do you want it to do? have your babies?!
    Seriously tho 2.0 is not the biggest improvement ever in browsing history but I am still introducing people who only ever used IE to firefox and they do still seem to get that Wow! feeling. Should be interesting to see how those who only ever heard of IE7 as an alternative or new browser appreciate firefox...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm getting used to IE7 now and think its only ok. Still much prefer the usability of Firefox. Bookmarks are better handled in IE though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Zapho

I like it. Nothing completely different about it, but its definately using less memory than 1.5.

Its a keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

alt+s for posting on forums seems to have been overridden with History :(

nah_biy! wrote:
    alt+s for posting on forums seems to have been overridden with History :(
    I am sooo making an extension to change that :D

done! overlays ftw
    http://piratepenguin.is-a-geek.com/~declan/crap/history-accesskey-remover/history-accesskey-changer.xpi

edit: humm I just discovered that ALT + Shift + S would work w/o the extension - dunno if that wouldn't work on Windows, but anyhow..

• Advertisement
Advertisement