Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Majorette of France

Options
  • 25-10-2006 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭

Where in Ireland are these small matchbox size range of cars and trucks sold?
    Since the company was acquired by Smoby in 2002, the last ones I saw for sale here were the Jaguar S Type, Toyota Yaris and Citroen C3.

Newer models have appeared since then but unless I go on holidays abroad, then this is the only way to purchase them. I have bought a few on ebay such as the Volvo XC 70 and Renault Megane but sellers on ebay charge what they like for postage.

So far any shop ive been to has been selling the large multi storey garage and the Marvin range of concept cars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Have you tried Marks Models?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭loopingfred

:p
    You can find any majorette in any newspaper's shop in France :p
    I have lots of Majorette cars and trucks in my grand parent's house.

I'll go in France next year now if you are still interrested...

Fred

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

No luck in Marks models, they have never sold the brand.

The early models (from I966) are fetching high prices. I think the brand only came on sale here in the mid seventies. The reason they were so popular in France was the company was founded by the veron brothers, one of whom was a minister in Charles De Gaulles government. The company was based at Rilleux until the factory closed in 2002 and the remaining production was shipped to Thailand as a factory had been already producing since the mid 80s. They also own the Solido brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

Medium_Clio.jpg

I have now found some available, although very limited supply. They only arrived in november. There are a lot of new castings, one of which is here, but I found that their french website had little if no information on the range, concentrating on Marvin and large garages which appear to be in all stores around the country.

Advertisement