Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The Brandon Corey Story"

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Just following on a touch from Diogenes' response...here's the results of a whole 10 minutes digging about with google.
    and The Dali Lamma then bought Holy Isle, just off Lamlash Bay on Arran a couple of years later
    Not quite right, but close.

The island is currently under the ownership of the Samyé Ling Buddhist Community, who (strangely enough) are based in Scotland. The island was purchased by the ROKPA Trust, with which the aforementioned Community is connected.

The island contains The Centre for World Peace and Health, founded by Lama Yeshe Losal.

However, leaving such small details aside aside....lets push on...

Holy Isle has been Holy for about 1400 years. Furthermore, there is a nuns' retreat on the island which has been there since before its purchase by The ROKPA Trust. This calls into question the significance of the Buddhist acquisition...its not like religion has suddenly sprouted where there was none previously.

Furthermore, Holy Isle is not Arran Island, which is what you say Icke's "refined" prediction was referencing. So most of this has little, if any, relevance. Icke talked about Arran, and Arran was not where the Buddhists went. They went to an island already well reknowned for its religious significance.

Continuing...Holy Isle was purchased by the Trust in 1992, which is not several years after Wogan interviewed Icke in the Autumn of 1991. It is a maximum of 18 months, assuming Wogan's interview was at the start of Autumn, and the purchase happened on New Year's Eve. Indeed, given that the sales of islands are not usually spur-of-the-moment things, I would hazard a guess (and I stress...its a guess) that the negotiations for sale were underway when Icke made this (undated) clarification, if not indeed when he made his original Wogan appearance. Indeed, its possible Icke made his clarification after 1992, meaning he already knew of the purchase of the island.

Now...here's the kicker...

You say that Icke changed his prophesy, saying it would be a wave of religion which would sweep the island, and then you linked in the purchase of a nearby island as your "spooky" correlating evidence. But, see, here's the thing...

The island was bought in 1992. The earthquake was in 1999.

So we've two options here :

a) Icke abandoned his belief that the island would sink from an earthquake before the earthquake happened.
    b) Icke made his "wave of religion" claim after Holy Island was purchased by the ROKPA Trust

Both can be true, but it is impossible for both to be false. At least one of the two claims must be true. I couldn't find any references in my 10 minutes to his revision so I've no idea when he made it.

As a sidenote....

Do a google on "Icke wogan floods earthquakes", choosing the "I'm feeling Lucky" option. See where you end up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Diogenes wrote:
    Hey, gullible isn't in the dictionary, did you know that?

Bet I know where you learned that from.

I looked at this and coulnd help but think that this was terrible acting , thn the nail in the coffin was the private investigator at the end , who also has a second job advertising goodfellas pizza on Irish TV !!!

This is all Bullcrap.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement