Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To the Christians on the forum (Part II)

Options
  • 25-10-2006 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭

On Christianity forum, JimiTime opened a new thread.

I added a post asking some more questions. However, a few minutes later I see a PM from BrianCalgary saying this.
    JimiTime's thread

Hey BV

I deleted your post from this Chriatianity thread, because I wish to leave that one to JimiTimes questions alone.

Feel free to start your own thread asking your questions if you'd like.

Thanks
    Brian

After that I created a new thread saying this.
    babyvaio wrote:
    Since when are threads for one person only??
    I added a few Qs of my own to Jimi's new thread however BrianC deleted my post. Here's the PM I've got from him.

Now Brian, please don't delete this, if you do, you will only show the triple or quadriple standards that you invented yourself for some of the people here on the forum. That is unfare, at least to say.
    Are you making this forum to be your private one? I didn't think so, you don't have such an authority.

I made an effort designing those Qs and you just shot them like in the old wild west times. This is not a showdown.

After that, BrianCalgary deleted my new thread. I got a new PM saying this.
    Thread
    C'mon BV

PM me if you have a problem.

All I ask is that you begin a new thread with your questions. I believe it will maintain order.

My responsibility as a moderator is to maintain a certain decorum on the board.

Let us maintain our manners.

Thanks
    Brian

So please, I ask everybody, who wasn't maintaining his manners? Did I brake the rules just bcos I added - in a polite manner - a few more questions to what JimiTime originally asked - or BrianCalgary for removing my Qs?

PS I'm saving this as a copy of what was going on and making a copy of this on other sub-forum where other people can see it.

I posted it here and will post it in all sub-forums under Religion & Spirituality.
    I kindly ask the moderators on Christianity sub-forum to explain this.
    Thank you, BV
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

What was the original post that was deleted about? Posting this in all sub-forums is extremely ill-advised and if I may say so, quite petulant.

Attention seeker?????Better listen to him Brian.He might start taking accounts hostage!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭babyvaio

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    What was the original post that was deleted about? Posting this in all sub-forums is extremely ill-advised and if I may say so, quite petulant.

OK, I just finished with opening the very same thread on ALL sub-forums under R & S. Now BrianC can't touch it here, cos he's not a moderator. I hope that people see this injustice. Forums are not private, if somehow they are, I'd like to see this announced in advance. Thank you!

MrJoeSoap, the original post is gone unfortunately. I don't have a copy of it. But I'll be honest as much as I possibly can and God is my Witness that I asked questions from 10. to 15. (since JimiTime raised questions from 1. to 9.).

One of the questions was this (not in the very same wording, but identical in the meaning):

If all in the trinity are equal (The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit) then why is it that the formula "In the name..." always begins in such order? If they are equal, then would it not be possible that the formula could also begin with "In the name of The Holy Spirit, ..."?

Another question was something like this:

Is Jesus is who Christians believe he is, then how come that his name is never mentioned in the Old Testament?

I think none of my questions was insulting or similar, if they were, then BrianCalgary could have easily banned me, or at least warned me, but he didn't. I posted two PMs from him to show what exactly he has said.

MrJoeSoap wrote:

With all due respect, do you not think that, if somebody asks some Qs in a normal way, and somebody else also asks some Qs in a normal way, and yet only the 2nd set of questions gets removed, it is a totally weird thing to do?

Posting all of these on all the sub-forums might be crazy, but to remove somebody's normal post just cos Ur a moderator and U feel like it is far more crazier.

I would expect moderators to be honest people having some sort of feeling for justice.

I mean, this kinda moderating behaviour just shows that not all of the people are treated equally here on boards.ie. If they want me to leave the boards.ie, then please I kindly ask the moderators to cancel my boards.ie account and I wish them (those who do execute double standards) all the best and happy moderatering also in the future.

Ever hear of feedback?

• Advertisement

Ever hear of feedback?

I heard of a feed and a back.... :D

Do you think this should be just posted there? I think it's personal. That's why my post was fired.

babyvaio wrote:
    I heard of a feed and a back.... :D

Do you think this should be just posted there? I think it's personal. That's why my post was fired.
    If you feel you are being victimised.It would be best to pm a smod or admin or post in feedback.You would get better results.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

If you have issue with a moderator deleting your posts it is certainly best to take it to the Feedback forum, rather than posting a complaint thread in 5/6 different forums. It won't make anyone sympathetic to your cause.

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    If you have issue with a moderator deleting your posts it is certainly best to take it to the Feedback forum, rather than posting a complaint thread in 5/6 different forums. It won't make anyone sympathetic to your cause.

I dont' expect anyone to be sympathetic with me. I just wanted to show a good example of injustice.

BTW, I actually will post the same thing on the Feed Back forum. Just in case it gets deleted from all sub-forums on R & S.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

babyvaio wrote:

The moderator was probably referring to the OPs question.

Please use feedback forum for these sort of threads. Moving to feedback.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Two threads on the same subject? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

merge em! This was moved from another forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

No. Many more than two threads. He Spammed the entirity of the religion / spirituality forums with this rubbish (and is hence cat-banned until further notice).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement