Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magazine Contributers wanted

Options
  • 25-10-2006 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey all,
    CTN is currently looking for contributers to the CTN Guide, the official magazine of CTN, which will be out in November. Anyone interested in writing...could you please email ucdctn@gmail.com or else send articles/pieces via email to us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

ye thinkin of actually starting to broadcast anytime soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CTN

The first Issue of the CTN Guide the magazine of CTN will be out on the day of the CTN Launch/First Broadcast of CTN, which will in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

where are you broadcasting from and on what channels?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭FionnMatthew

What sort of material are you interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭generalmiaow

I would like to help, but like ^ I would like to know what you're looking for.

• Advertisement

The CTN Guide will be like a student version of the RTE Guide. It will have interviews (such as Aslan), articles, photos of various events (e.g. Halloween Ball) etc. We are looking for any type of article as long as it is not libellous or political. We would love someone to do a crossword for us also, if anyone is good at that? If you would prefer for us to give you something specific to write, please email ucdctn@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Is that Irish model Ruth O'Neil actually in UCD? Are the presenters actually UCD students or just pretty faces?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Sure it doesnt matter, you've both bases covered

All presenters, producers, camera crew, editors, web designers, magazine contributers, event managers etc in CTN are UCD Students, and yes Ruth O'Neill is a UCD Student.

Any student can get involved in CTN, and they can give anything a try be it producing, presenting writing etc. CTN doesn't recruit particular types of student....we have 1st right through to 7th years involved in the station, undergrads, post grads and mature students, law to medicine, engineering to ag science...everything!

Any other questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

If I was to write a sitcom/drama based on student life around UCD, would CTN be open to getting people from DramSoc on board and having it filmed?

Just hypothetically speaking; the script is something I've been messing around with for a few months now and just wondered if there was scope on CTN for doing something like it.

• Advertisement

Yes, CTN would definitely be open to showing a student drama series. CTN would also be open to getting people from DramSoc on board to help out. That said, if such a programme was to go ahead...CTN would not source actors etc purely from DramSoc, as we have an open-door policy when it comes to people involved in CTN. Thus any student could audition for an acting/directing/producing role etc and not just DramSoc members.

If you have a sample of your scripting work already...send it to us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i still find it amusing that cathal is presenting the dating show... sorry cathal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Just hypothetically speaking; the script is something I've been messing around with for a few months now and just wondered if there was scope on CTN for doing something like it.

Give us the gist of your script ss? A soap set in UCD would be a really fun idea!

Also It might be a good idea to have a queation and answers style programme between students and union sabbats?That would also be quite fun to watch!

Just because your ass came back from Boston early...there's no need to be bitter Colm!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

i knew it was you! fair play tho, it should be good craic. you know i love you really! must get a certain eastern european friend of ours on it... that would be hilarious!

No, Im not Cathal. I know every single member in CTN very well though...so I was able to find out pretty easy who you were! :)

P.s. yes, get that eastern european person involved...sure the more the merrier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Hmm...based on you being up at this hour CTN, was I just at a party with you?

Yep Elymra, you got me! I know who you are too...but Ill keep quiet incase some don't....

Advertisement