Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caherdavin Cross Traffic Lights

Options
  • 25-10-2006 8:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

They're out... err not exactly out just all of them seem stuck on flashing orange:confused:

Its an accident about to happen, with 4 different sets of traffic and no control... not to mention people trying to cross by foot!

Who's in charge of them? Like to see about getting them fixed before an accident does happen. Just this morning a taxi driver cut across(or blasted past) the opposite two streams of traffic which had the iniative and there were plenty of blarring of horns.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Champ wrote:
    They're out... err not exactly out just all of them seem stuck on flashing orange:confused:

Its an accident about to happen, with 4 different sets of traffic and no control... not to mention people trying to cross by foot!

Who's in charge of them? Like to see about getting them fixed before an accident does happen. Just this morning a taxi driver cut across(or blasted past) the opposite two streams of traffic which had the iniative and there were plenty of blarring of horns.

The Traffic Management Department of the City Council own them afaik.

Afaik according to the rules of the road in a situation like that the traffic entering from the major road has right away. In this case traffic approaching from both sides of the Ennis road would have right away on the junction when the traffic lights are out over traffic approaching from Caherdavin.

But in reality I would edge out very slowly and carefully from any of the junctions and assume no one has right of way.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

Thet are, unfortunately, under the management of Limerick County Council

On another matter, who had the bright idea to put the new traffic lights outside the old Jury's/ new Hilton on the Ennis Road, 200 metres from the traffic lights on Sarsfield bridge.

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Someone asked me what do you hate about Limerick? .... :confused:

I didn't even have to think about it !!!! ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Caherdavin cross, do ye mean ivans cross?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Caherdavin cross, do ye mean ivans cross?
    Yes i originally thought of it as Ivan's cross as well but some material i read before (probably Bus Eireann) refered to it as Caherdavin cross, so i thought that would be the proper way to refer to it.
    Someone asked me what do you hate about Limerick? ....

I didn't even have to think about it !!!! ....

Quote:
    Why? :confused: Traffic isn't too bad there most of the time, with the exception of public holidays.

• Advertisement

Why? Traffic isn't too bad there most of the time, with the exception of public holidays.

You could have fooled me ..... :p

I tend to take a newspaper or good Book .... well it passes the time while your waiting for the $$$$ lights to change .... :)

ps. I must admit I would think of it as Ivans cross but I guess the Council etc can't call it that ....

pps. mind you :rolleyes: ......

looking it up on Google earth and it does seem fairly clear .... :confused:

ivanscrosstk7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Champ

Nice Pic:)
    Can Google Earth do an even greater zoom with acceptable clarity?:D
    It really does look different from that high, but i'd say it could be morning time past the 9 o' clock rush traffic.

Can Google Earth do an even greater zoom with acceptable clarity?

The shot I posted is from 850ft ..... about 600ft seems to be the lowest you can go for reasonable clarity on that particular area ....

Advertisement